Some photos from a show I went to today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some photos from a show I went to today

I grabbed the intrepid companion and we hit a Halloween themed car show today. This is pretty much the very end of the season up this way for shows so it was cool to check it out. I was windy and cold as hell, but we had a good time.

Here's some of the iron that caught Tom's eye as well as mine.

Here's a Merlin block based 540 in a Nova. Talk about a tight assed fit.

TOTAL freak. It's a BMW 2002.

An S10 that was laid all the way out.

Here's a couple good looking motors

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Some photos from a show I went to today

Nice stuff. No more shows here (MN) as of two weeks ago. Love the photo of the little guy. I bet your proud that he is interested in the same stuff that you are.

Comment

Cool Pictures. That's a wild looking BMW for sure. Thanks for the Buick ;)
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Looks like the intrepid companion is already doing the violatons walk.

Comment

That BMW is cool....I love it. Dare to be different. So Cool.

Looks like Tom found a truck his size.....

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

cool photos....car shows are big here now cuz the weather is so nice

Comment

The blown small block BMW is kinda cool. I couldn't get the black triangles on the headlights for a second. I finally woke up and figured it out. ;D

Comment

Man do I love buicks . IIRC Hot Rod took a white GSX on some type of tour many years back

Comment

Sheesh - that's some serious hardware.

Love the BMW - total mix of different periods - who ever would have thought of a "gasser Bimmer" nicely done... personally - aluminum slots or cragars would be way cooler than the land speed hub caps on the rear -but wow - fender well headers on a bmw! wickedly different.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Cool shots Brian, thanks.
                    Love the shot of Tom looking into the cab of the slammed S10 !!

;D

Comment

Brian, I am loving how you take your 'intrepid companion' with you everywhere. Some of my best memories with my dad were when I was a little guy and he would ask 'you wanna go?' At that age, Dad is the biggest and most important person in your life. He taught me how to live just by taking me with him and watching the way he lived.
                      Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

I like the way he is keeping his distance from the truck. Well taught.

When my kids were younger and had friends come with to car shows I told them that there were only two rules at car shows.
                        Number 1 was to never touch the cars.
                        Number 2 was that you couldn't cry when they broke your fingers after you touched a car.
                        Never had anyone touch anything that they shouldn't.

Comment

I just like spending time with him. It's an added bonus that his little brain is working overdrive learning about car stuff.

What cracks me up about it is the honesty of his emotions and reactions to stuff. His outward reaction is the same thing the rest of us supposed "grown ups" are thinking, but he hasn't learned to bury it yet. For instance, when he saw the blown BMW it was "OHHH WOW...Wass-zat?"....the same thing I was running through in my head.

As far as the no touching thing goes, he's learned that lesson the hard way a couple of times. When I was wrenching on the Worthington tractor last winter we get him dressed up in his snow suit and he'd come outside and freeze his ass off with me in the driveway. I get the thing running one day and let it idle for a few minutes. I'm pretty tight eyed with him around that thing because it has exposed moving parts. I shut the tractor off and he walks over and grabs the exhaust manifold...scared him more than anything but I'm sure it hurt pretty good as well.

Once that happened, when I told him not to touch stuff he took my word for it. I know in about 10-15 years that'll stop happening so I am relishing these moments.

I'll have to film him some day and stick it up here. He can walk over to the tractor and when I say, "Ignition coil" he touches it. Same thing with the starter, alternator, oil fill, dip stick, and carb.

Thanks for enjoying the photos and the kind words. I hope he remembers those days at car shows, the drag strip, and wrenching on ther tractor as fondly as I do!

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

My little guy will be 3 next month, he is really starting to take hold of what’s going on in the garage, so it’s been fun the last few weeks and the real fun stuff is on the way.
                            The other day we were having a great time riding ‘round on our TTR 50, that was cool.

His little pointer-finger has been getting him in trouble recently, just the other day he got it pinched between the chain and sprocket of my dirt bike. Scared the willys out of both of us but no permanent damage just a scratch.
                            Let’s hope he learns faster than I do!

Comment

Tom is a great kid....Really smart too....Logan had a ball playing with him when we were up visiting...

They mainly just climbed around in each of the cars.....Very Cool.

Seth
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                              X