In honor of Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In honor of Halloween

I thought I'd show some pictures that a friend sent me. I see dead people.

Taking pics of the brat watching TV has some consequences.

Here are some old photos of ghosts before photoshop.

Notice Granny doesn't have any legs.

I heard this story. That kid was not in the shower when they filmed this scene, but somehow managed to get on the film. Supposedly, a kid was killed where the film was shot.

If I saw this; my new home would be in my car.

This is why you do not take pics of your kid while driving. You might see the ghosts of all the people you just ran over.

The accident photographer for the CHP turned in his badge and camera after developing this.

Lets hear some good creepy stories.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Re: In honor of Halloween

A true ghost story that happened to me and it is also my one and only blind date. This happened outside Omaha in 1985. I wrote this last year.

When I was seventeen, my friend Donny had a thing for a cheerleader from Ralston High school, one of our biggest rivals. He kept asking her out on a date and she kept saying 'no' or 'I don't know' or 'maybe'. Finally she relented one condition; that it be a double date with her best friend, another cheerleader. Donny bugged me all week to be the fourth in this double date. I had no interest at all. Yeah, she was a cheerleader, but I thought she was shallow and snobby. He wouldn't let it go, mostly because I had a car. I finally relented to his pressure just to shut him up.

Donny's big plan was to take place on Halloween night. He thought we'd go to see the new horror flick Nightmare On Elm Street then go out to the place of a local legend, the Hatchet House. Donny thought we tell scary stories and the girls would jump into our strong arms for protection. Jesus, what a teenage boy would do to get laid. I, on the other hand, had my own plans.

On Halloween, Donny and I picked up the girls and headed to the movies. Donny's date would jump into his arms with scary moment. I spent one hour and 47 minutes getting my left arm clawed and my left ear screamed in, otherwise I didn't really exist to my date. Oh, what a night. It took some convincing, but Donny talked the girls into heading out to the Hatchet House after the movie.

The Hatchet House was a very old one room school house that was situated between a creek and a corn field outside of Omaha. Like all legends; there is many tales to what happened in that little school all those years ago. There was the school bully who tormented many of the students. He liked that control over people. One day the kids he picked on decided to get even and the bully was totally embarrassed and humiliated by those students. After that day, everyone, including the teacher, would point and laugh. The bully didn't want to go to that school anymore, but his father forced him. One day, he snapped, supposedly on Halloween, and took the fire ax off the wall, barracaded the door; then preceded to chop all the students and teacher into little pieces. The school was abandoned ever since. No one knows why it wasn't torn down. Very few people knew how to find it. I was one of those people because I spent a summer working for the farmer who owned the land it sat on.

Donny told the usual ghost stories as we drove out there. When we got out of the car; it was starting to get cold and windy. The sky looked threatening and the moon was peeking in and out of the clouds. I said I had blankets and a lantern in the trunk and would dig it out. Donny and the girls went inside; leaving me to dig through the trunk alone.

This is when I put my own plan into action. I pulled out the fire ax I borrowed from my Dad's apartment building and a jar of cow's blood I got from a meat packing plant. I threw the blood on the ground, the side of the school, the car and all over myself. I then picked up the ax waiting for my que to go into action. I had to wait for what seemed like an eternity before anyone noticed I was missing. Finally, I heard what I was waiting for. Someone said, "Where's Scott?"

I started screaming as loud as I could. NO!, NO!, Get away from me!, NO,Please, NO!!! Then I slammed the ax into the side of the school and laid in the puddle of blood below it. Donny and the girls came out slowly. I could hear they were all scared. When they saw me lying in a pool of blood and it on my car and on the wall with the ax; the girls let out a scream that could wake the dead. Donny edged up to me and rolled me over to see if I was all right. I had my eyes wide open at this time and as he rolled me over blood ran into my eyes and I blinked. Donny screamed and jumped so high I think he left his hightops lying on the ground below. I jumped up and screamed at them again. The girls screamed and jumped back. Donny realized it was a joke and started screaming at me. He grabbed me and was yelling he was going to kill me. He then threw me aside and went for the ax. He tugged and pulled on it, but it wouldn't come out of the wall. Finally, he got pissed and yanked hard on it and slipped in the the blood falling backward against the car.

Donny was staring right into the window of the school house and saw something pass in the darkness. He dropped the ax and dove into the car. He was screaming that we need to leave now. I asked what was wrong. He said we had to go now. Then kept saying lets go over and over. So, I went to get the girls who kept backing away from me. Finally, I managed to kind of herd them towards the car. The when the three us saw something in the darkness. It was as though someone stepped in the doorway, stopped for a moment, then disappeared into the darkness.

A chill went up my spine like I have never felt before or since. It was nearly paralyzing. The girls gasped, turned white and bolted for the car. Donny was still yelling from the back seat of my car. I wanted another look; but the fear of what I might see stopped that, so I ran back to my car. I picked up the ax and jumped into the car. In my haste, or fear, I flooded it trying to start. I kept cranking it, everyone else kept screaming, but it wouldn't start. At last, it fired, I revved the engine to the moon and slammed it into drive and tore down the tractor path back to the highway.

None of us ever went back even in day light.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I heard the story about the kid in the "Three men and a Baby" movie was actually a cardboard standup of Ted Danson in a tux that was used as a prank and it got in the shot by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by olbuddybob
        I heard the story about the kid in the "Three men and a Baby" movie was actually a cardboard standup of Ted Danson in a tux that was used as a prank and it got in the shot by mistake.
        Thankyou, I've (obviously not in years) argued that point for so long. Thank you for saying it. When I was younger, my grandpa had a killer 4 head VCR and you could easily tell it was the cut out of Ted Denson in his tux with a tophat and no arms, It wasn't a fullsize i think some of the legs were cut and it had no arms, hence why people saw it and thought it was a kid, but early on in the movie you see it for a second in his room.
        Geez thats something from ages ago.

Some of these pics are pretty neat.
        Chris

Comment

This one is supposed to be true but I looked and looked
          and never could find the ghost in the room.

http://www.tekzoned.com/whatswrong/

Comment

I don't joke around about ghosts anymore. Ask Chad.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

In 2001 a friend of mine Chris took a pic of me outside a random bar in New Orleans. I was pointing at a funny sign, and above me in the pic is a burst of light and a haze... he took it with a disposable camera.

The only reason why it's so significant, is he took one, and the flash did NOT go off on the camera. (cheap pos camera). So he charged the flash and took one that was EXATCLY the same as the other one, I didn't even move... and the stange light and haze is only in one, the one with no flash.

when he got them developed, the first pic is brighter than the one with the flash! whatever haze or apparition there was, lit up the first pic with no flash more than the flash in the second pic.

I'll have to ask him if he has both pics, I'll scan them and put them on here...

We are not alone.

Ax

Comment

My house was built in 1950 by a WWII vet and his wife. They never had any kids and the husband passed away in the early '70s. The widow lived there until she passed away in the house, a few months before I bought the place in Aug,2001.

My father stayed in the house by himself for a few days while we worked on it, getting it ready to move into. We stayed in our apartment in town. One night he saw the woman who had lived there, walking back and forth from the kitchen to the diningroom. He said she looked like a faded old picture, but was moving around.

During the holidays a few years ago I was reading in the living room and thought I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. A moment later I happened to look up from what I was reading and watched my fully decorated Christmas tree slide across the floor about 4-5" forward from where it was standing.

We've had other things happen too, but the house has a good vibe, and we have never felt weird about it. We feel if she is there, she is a happy spirit.

Comment

Growing up as a teenager in East Texas we had heard all of our life about the Saratoga Light in Hardin County http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_of_Saratoga and of course we loaded up and went to check it out "several" times. Out of all of those late night trips we probably saw the light 2 or 3 times. I never considered it to be anything other than something from the Gas Fields that was unexplainable, however, we managed to put away several beverages on the way there and back. No DD back in those days just "Jesus at the wheel" - - yup we were damned lucky.

Comment

You know, I've heard more ghost stories and weird, unexplainable stuff than I can recall.

People find out my birthdate(10/30/74), and then my mother's birthdate(10/31/54), and they feel compelled to tell me all sorts of weird, whacked-out stuff.

I've seen my share of haunted bridges, abandoned churches and the like.....what the hell it is, I don't know.

Comment

Well, I don't know...my father was born on holloween, explains why I am a freak probably.

Scott, as far as the deal with the double date with the Ralston Cheerleaders, one of my Brothers was a junior that year there at Ralston.
                      Yes, the cheerleaders were pretty snotty. I sware it's something with that district. I grew up around there, and alot, not all, but they just didn't think there stuff stant.
                      Anyways, I grew up with that crowd, mainly because my Brother that graduated in '86 was the school preppy Trim farmer that seemed to have 3/4 of the cheerleading squad.
                      Ask me how I know...LOL...partys were always for the group at my Mom's old house in ralston...yeah, now a days, I'd probably be in child services, but back then, I went down, and played quarters with the crowd. Nothing connected for me, but I was taught at 8 years old how to bounce a quarter off my nose at a foot and land it in a shot glass.
                      I never got why all the guys liked it when I "helped out" as my brother instructed me to point at the girls playing, so if I I made it, I would make the same 2 or three girls have to slam shots...and all my brother's buddy's smiled and rewarded me with bribes of candy...talk about family values...LOL...{Here's a snickers, for helping your bro score last night...LMAO}

Sorry for the thread jack, but that brought back some stupid ammusment for me tonight.
                      Andrew
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

My older sister was a cheerleader and they would practice in our huge basement. They would basically ignore me until they wanted something, then they were suddenly really nice to me. Girls still do that. One of my friends found out they were over and was constantly annoying me wanting to come over and gawk. My friends were more irritating than the girls were.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                          Lets hear some good creepy stories.
                          One time I got talked into helping work on a Ford.
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
                            One time I bought a Chevy. ; )
                            AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yeah, its scary how they never die...

hee hee
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X