• Show
Clear All

• Part 1 Visiting With Huell Howser, PBS at Terminal Island

Part 1 Visiting With Huell Howser:

Re: Part 1 Visiting With Huell Howser, PBS at Terminal Island

Part 1 1993 Fox 11 NEWS Undercover

Comment

Good stuff... man that fox undercover was old... That was right when I started going out... pretty bad 15 years later we have even less tracks than we did then... No Carlsbad, and no LACR... gotta love So Cal....

Comment

Couple of things:

1. Huell Howser is annoying. Don't you think you'd try to get a good grasp of what your reporting about before you show up with your camera?

2. 'Big Willie' is a very interesting character. But, did you see his car? RICER! VIOLATIONS!

3. Interesting to see that things havn't changed much since 1993 in regards to street racing and available tracks.
        1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
        1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS
          Couple of things:

1. Huell Howser is annoying. Don't you think you'd try to get a good grasp of what your reporting about before you show up with your camera?

2. 'Big Willie' is a very interesting character. But, did you see his car? RICER! VIOLATIONS!

3. Interesting to see that things havn't changed much since 1993 in regards to street racing and available tracks.
          1) Ya that guy is annoying.

2) Big Willy doesn't drive imports - that's somebody else's car obviously - he's got a Mopar with a HEMI.

3) A lot has changed: Carlsbad was open since 1964 - it shut down in 2003 (i think). This was the only 1/4 mile track in San Diego, and still is....(And propbably was the only 1/4 mile track to ever be in SD). LACR was open for about the same amount of time, and also shut down in 2007. And both were 1/4 mile tracks!!! It absolutely sucks....

Comment

Originally posted by www.1320movie.com
            Couple of things:

1) Ya that guy is annoying.

2) Big Willy doesn't drive imports - that's somebody else's car obviously - he's got a Mopar with a HEMI.

3) A lot has changed: Carlsbad was open since 1964 - it shut down in 2003 (i think). This was the only 1/4 mile track in San Diego, and still is....(And propbably was the only 1/4 mile track to ever be in SD). LACR was open for about the same amount of time, and also shut down in 2007. And both were 1/4 mile tracks!!! It absolutely sucks....

Ya - I meant the only 1/4 mile track to EVER be in San Diego like it probably won't ever happen again...

Comment

Originally posted by www.1320movie.com

I meant it's the same as far as the racers are asking for a place to race and the tracks just aren't there. I guess if anything, things are worse today than they were in 1993.
              1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
              1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Huell Howser is annoying. Don't you think you'd try to get a good grasp of what your reporting about before you show up with your camera?
                Naw, his style is to wander in without a clue, then test how much patience his subject will have with him. Since that is about how I travel sometimes, I find it entertaining.

My junior-high age kid and freinds can do a great imitation of him. They can give you a tour of the sidewalk in front of the school that will have me rolling ("...And what is it we have here...why, a telephone pole! Well would you look at that!').

Comment

Working...
                X