Land Speed Racing ( an overview )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Land Speed Racing ( an overview )

back to LSR....I was out fixing the roof on the barn and noticed Ross's stuff sitting there and though that this thing actually has very low frontal area....time to get a rule book, eh?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

DF and I talked about a open top jeep at B'ville this year, hard to class it because of the cut off for open top roadsters- If I remember right. I would gladly take the jeep off your hands!! Is it a M38?

Comment

It's not mine! I think it's a Korean war jeep. Notice the Ft Huachuca post sticker, and the OD paint under the repaint.

I figured it might be hard to classify....

(edit--quick googling reveals it is an M38)
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Hmmm surprised Freiburger hasn't figured out a way to buy it yet...

K

Comment

Art -
            Thanks for the pitch for Volunteers! I think it's fun and interesting, but I'm biased.

Art's an interesting guy and a great vol. He and his lovely wife kicked right in and helped Kim at the gate, which is not the most glamorous station at the track. I'm glad that they enjoyed themselves. I, too, want to see pics of the Metro. Art - where do you live? I'm sure we can find some LSR folks to help you with the mounts, etc.

Later
            Dan

Comment

I remember the Day my Wife told me to go ahead and build a car, because if we save money to do it, we never will. The people are the greatest group of Guys and Gals to hang out with for 3 days at a time. Everyone of them willing to help you get it on the track. From setting up the Cones to waving Cars through the Staging Lanes they all have a great time just being there. I do, and I'm going back.

Aprils coming quick, just have to put in for Vacation time. See Ya'll.

Comment

I have been a volunteer at Maxton with the ECTA for over ten years. It has been a blast. I usually work shut down and take time off to do some photography now and then. I have some ideas for a lsr truck and hopefully before too long they will begin to come closer to reality. Volunteering is a great way to get to know what is going on.

My son has run his BMW M3 a couple of times and loves it. He has also helped as a volunteer on a few occasions.

I agree that this kind of racing is the most open kind I have seen in a long time. By open I mean you can just walk through the pits check things out without very few, if any, really minding. The diversity of people and machinery is amazing. And that adds to the fun.

Comment

Joe your son wasn't the guy (Racing the M3) working outta N.C at the windtunnel testing place was he?

Comment

Originally posted by purplecobra
                    DF and I talked about a open top jeep at B'ville this year, hard to class it because of the cut off for open top roadsters- If I remember right. I would gladly take the jeep off your hands!! Is it a M38?
                    Yes, it's an M38. I've tried and tried, and can't find a reasonable class for a flatfender.

Comment

Let me say that Joe is one of the Great Guys! Helpful, cooperative, friendly, and reliable. As you may have noticed, I LIKE this guy!

BTW - Joe, how are you feeling? Hope the treatments are going well and you're feeling OK. Hope to see you back at the track in April, whether or not you volunteer. If we have to set up a throne for you and all pay homage, that's just fine!

Good Luck, Buddy!
                      Dan

Originally posted by JRoberts
                      I have been a volunteer at Maxton with the ECTA for over ten years. It has been a blast. I usually work shut down and take time off to do some photography now and then. I have some ideas for a lsr truck and hopefully before too long they will begin to come closer to reality. Volunteering is a great way to get to know what is going on.

My son has run his BMW M3 a couple of times and loves it. He has also helped as a volunteer on a few occasions.

I agree that this kind of racing is the most open kind I have seen in a long time. By open I mean you can just walk through the pits check things out without very few, if any, really minding. The diversity of people and machinery is amazing. And that adds to the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyG
                        Joe your son wasn't the guy (Racing the M3) working outta N.C at the windtunnel testing place was he?
                        Matt works with a company out of Concord called Accelerating Developments International. They do automotive testing, engineering, etc. The best way to describe what they do is to go to their website: http://acceleratingdevelopments.com/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                          Let me say that Joe is one of the Great Guys! Helpful, cooperative, friendly, and reliable. As you may have noticed, I LIKE this guy!

BTW - Joe, how are you feeling? Hope the treatments are going well and you're feeling OK. Hope to see you back at the track in April, whether or not you volunteer. If we have to set up a throne for you and all pay homage, that's just fine!

Good Luck, Buddy!
                          Dan
                          Doing pretty good. I have not had many side affects from the Chemo so I feel really lucky. Doc likes what he sees going on right now. I'm going to try my best to be at Maxton in April. No throne needed!

Comment

Glad to hear that you are doing alright. . I hope to see you. I dont know that I will have the caddy or not. Im getting ready to sell it so that I can pay for some bills and hopefully start on the 52. I Hope everyones New Year starts off on a good Note.

Todd B.

Comment

I like the Format of this Forum, you can talk about any kind of Car stuff that you want. Ya'll got me thinking about Chopping up the Old Bike, and building a Mini Bike, and a Rock Crawler. This Forum is a motivator.
                              Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks for the post! love this topic. have been fascinated since i was a kid but never thought about actually doing it...hmmmm. sounds like the perfect community vibe.

Comment

Working...
                                X