My LSR goals ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My LSR goals ...

When it comes to setting goals... I've been pretty brain dead...

In the beginning I wanted to get in all four 200 MPH clubs in one year... Maxton, El Mirage, Bonneville, and Muroc. To get in a 200mph club you have to set a record over 200 above a minimum standard if no record exsists....

I about killed myself trying to do this... and accomplished two of them... Maxton and Muroc... which was the last year they ran at Muroc in 2000, Ed VanScoy was there with us and has been a pal of mine for many years... So fast forward to 2003 and I get lucky... and finally get in the 200 club at Bonneville... and for 04 we decided to Team up with David and the Hot Rod SPl Camaro was brought out of retirement... and we took it first to the TEXAS MILE... a New Venue... and all of us got the the 200 club there....

Hmmm so basically I'm in 4 two clubs... at this point... Maxton , Muroc, Bonneville and Texas... leaving only the dirty two club at EL Mirage... We went out there really just to test the car and run it a bit.... Ed VanScoy signed on as my paperwork guy... and crew ... Freiburger shows up fashionably late with his broken wrist... Mayf sticks me in the car with Ed's help... and I made that one pass.... 213mph on a 200mph record... and officially became the first person in 5 200mph clubs... Since Muroc is closed for now... we only have 4 here in the states.

Today the only other venue that has a 200mph club is the Dry Lakes Racers of Australia.... so to get in 5 two clubs you have to go down under.... we shipped the car there so David and Tonya would have that opportunity one day... and got our butts rained out... long ugly story.. but there you go...

So... anyway... that's what the 200 clue ace thing is about...

I'd love to continue this thread and talk about Your goals...

K

Re: My LSR goals ...

Baby steps, 130-140 in my daily driven 350 TPI 87 gta .When it gets to the point of needing a rollbar or cage I'll find something with less width and height,probly something like...........miata or something . K T you don't have to go into this any more "standing mile"covered the TA, just making it known that I was paying attention on the building lsr thread . Plus I don't want to cut it up.

Comment

that's one of the things that's really cool about Dan Stokes 6 cylinder Camaro... it's like mine and SLOW as hell... but it's dirt cheap and he's improved it almost every outting... that has value... so not cutting up a Nice car is a GOOD idea... and besides you needed another car anyway... just ask David... LOL

NO Don't ask him... you'll be buying a freaking warehouse...

K

Comment

Keith. The new blower is sexy. Do you have any pics?

-Abone.

Comment

Got this crazy idea to take a mini truck to 150 on a $5000 tab not including cage suit (safety stuff ).Did not do it.It only counts if you get the slip .But had one hell of a good time.
          My goals in the future 170, drive on the salt.Goals are a moving target

Comment

i'll take it in classes. starting with K (my minibike) & eventually breaking the sound barrier.

Comment

Years ago I told myself that I wanted to go 200 MPH on the ground. Now that I am older I don't know, some of the bullet proofness of youth must be wearing off. LOL Is it reasonable to think a first timer to a lsr event could lay down a 200 MPH pass?

Comment

Absolutely reasonable... I think the Camaro ran 200 at our first meet on the salt... we blew it up before the lights... but the tach said we'd gone 203 or 4... and after years of reflection that was most likely correct...

500hp in a fairly slick car...

K

Comment

Hey Keith! Im going to Lake Gairdner (again!) this year. I got a Hayabusa that goes 155 in the 1/4 in street trim. Im getting a real small rear sprocket made for the rear. 200 shouldn't be too hard given all that space! Wanna ride on it? Make it 5? I'll go first if your scared! ;)

Comment

I've already got five... but Tonya and David don't ... so we need to get the Camaro back there...

Again with the crate motor I'd guess... and some squeeze...

K

Comment

Hey Steve... it was good to see you here too... I wore my WSID jacket yesterday down to the shop... warm thing it is...

Thanks agian...

( Western Australia International Dragway )... (I'd guess the International part is that a Kiwi came by and deemed it to hot to race there... LOL... )( Yes I know real racers have been there I was just teasing ya... )

Comment

My goals in 2008, Rambler at Maxton- somewhere over 175 ( and yes Keith, it will have a chute on it) I think this could be achieved also I'm hoping to meet a lot more people there and getting further educated, and most of all Have alot of Fun! On the triumph, would like to get the chassis designed and built.

Comment

Glad you like the jacket. That is Ahem... Western SYDNEY International Dragway.

Comment

LSR Goals hmmmmmmm.....

Well a good start would be getting that pesky HRM jacket.

Going to Bonneville and kissing the salt. (Racing optional first time out)

Racing at Bonneville and getting in the 2 club with a substantial speed 240+ would do it for me.

Maxton points championship. (may come sooner then later)

El mirage 2 club

Texas????? well not sure on this one. Just might not be nessasary.

I do have to thank the TurkS for all their support and help. They have done so much to help Dave and myself in achieving or LSR goals. We are forever greatful for this to the amount that words can not explain.

The land speed racing community is like no other, they are like family not THE COMPETION!!!!!

Comment

Mike as always your very welcome... Remember to remind Yahoo... that someone has to sit in the seat and wiggle the stick... he's called a Driver... the car while interesting doesn't get in a Two Club... I'd thank my Bro if he gave me the keys to the hot rod... hell Even if it's a warm stick... the reality is that it ran 2 bills and you were the wiggler of choice that day... Nice day too eh?

OH Steve... Sydney... sorry mate... it was on my back... Still a damn nice jacket...

K

Comment

Working...
                              X