What would you do with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do with this?

I bought it cheap with a bad trans.403 engine and 400 trans.I was thinkin about fixing the trans and get it driving and then maybe sell it.But i think it is one of the most fifficult cars to get cool..

What would you do?

Re: What would you do with this?

Fix it and drive it!
    Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Although its not from that period.........you could do a 70s style NASCAR theme with it.....pipes out the side, painted rims, & stocker stance.......
      That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

How about a 500 caddy a rebuilt t400 and a plate nitrous set up. Total sleeper! Add some other crap to it like a CB antena, sticky tires and big gears!

Comment

get it running good - - spray it satin black and start driving it with a for sale sign in the window

Comment

There have been a few, hopped up around here.
            They can be made relatively light, fits a BB anything,
            and with all that overhang w/ a 4 link rear,
            Should hook up well.

Comment

Nah, they come in about 3800lbs stock, might get it about 3300lbs, pretty easy.

Comment

I have read that with out driver the mustang is like 3,500 and challenger is 4,300

Comment

This is a Full size 78 Olds Regency 98.Wouldnt it tip over 4000 pounds?.I havent got the title for it yet,so i dont know how much it weighs.But i guess it will weigh a lot more than my 76 chevelle,and it weighs 3968 with me and full tank of gas.

Comment

Actually the '77-up B-bodies were pretty light...got "Car of the Year" the first year and everybody loved them as long as they were made. No value though.

Spend the bucks on the Chevelle

Comment

4000 lbs isn't that still lighter than the new charger.

Steve
                      Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Originally posted by kso4
                        Actually the '77-up B-bodies were pretty light...got "Car of the Year" the first year and everybody loved them as long as they were made. No value though.

Spend the bucks on the Chevelle
                        I probably should,but this will be a easy one to sell when the trans are fixed.And then i can spend more on the chevelle

Comment

Go all Frank Savage on it.

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

there was a guy at the track 2 weeks ago with the pontiac version of that car. looks like nothing and runs in the 12's
                            Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Within a couple hundred pounds in weight of your 'Velle, easier to find parts in my opinion, and if the interior's good, PLUSH! I like the '77-'85 B-body two doors, I second the NASCAR look, or even the "DeathProof" flat-black and nasty look. You could gut the center out of that grille and put a mesh there, that'd make it look evil...ditch all the trim and nameplates...loud pipes...hmm..
                              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                              X