• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody care about imports?

Originally posted by dieselgeek
    KILL THE JAPS!! DAMN BASTARDS!!

hahaha

I've been known to tune a 1200hp 2JZ here and there. HP/cubic inch, the imports simply do better with big power.

Let the WW2 vets on here go ahead and start flaming, or tell us how Grampaw says "Them top fuel Hemi's are the most powerful moters ever made and they're just like the ones that came off the showroom floor!!"

?

Comment

As for the original ?:

Not me.

Comment

no tham damn wizz bang imperts is neater than a hen turd cut in two with a baseball bat.

Comment

Originally posted by shaun callaway
          for car guys you sure are closed minded and set in your ways
          No. Some people have different tastes than you.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanWalker

im not trying to project my tastes on you guys i was simply saying that some of you are being closed mind.

meaning that how can you not like something if you dont try it. dont judge a book by its cove damn theres to many of these stupid sayings.

from what i can tell is most of you dont like them because of the fart can come on what if it was the other way around. all i can ever say is give it a chance it wont convert you but you may be amazed at what you find.

Comment

I didn't care about imports a long time before the fart can was invented.

But I don't care about a lot of other things in life, too. hockey, mtv, etc.

It's not a big deal.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanWalker

im not trying to project my tastes on you guys i was simply saying that some of you are being closed mind.

meaning that how can you not like something if you dont try it. dont judge a book by its cove damn theres to many of these stupid sayings.

from what i can tell is most of you dont like them because of the fart can come on what if it was the other way around. all i can ever say is give it a chance it wont convert you but you may be amazed at what you find.
                Dude, I totally agree with you. These cars are amazing what you can do dollar for dollar. Not the combat wing and fart can crowd, but the tiny cubes high boost stuff that lives. I was just replying when I saw Rebeldryver say he wouldn't want to go watch them and listen to them. Dude digs American musclecars. I dig anything if it's done right. Different strokes, different folks.

Comment

Different strokes, different folks.

and that right there is the beauty of AMERICA - we have the freedom to enjoy what we choose to.

Thank the soldiers for that, and TGIF everybody!
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Nothing says "I hate America" more then buying foreign made products when there are comparable American-made equivalents.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Re: Anybody care about imports?

Tell that to all the Americans working in America at plants owned by the non big 3 --- seen a few bar fights result from that conversation in central Ohio.

I work at Ford and I'm damned proud of it, took me 6 years working other places to get here - where I really wanted to be, however, I can't fault someone for taking a good job with a solid company that puts food on the table and a roof over head - because some of the money made by that company goes to another country....

Comment

Here are some questions to ponder based on some of the satements made in this post...

Why does GM have plants all over the world? Ford? Even Chrysler (not sure about them anymore)?

Why is it ok for GM to profit in China but a Chinese company NOT to profit here (the few that make quality products, save the stupid "they don't " comment for the next whinners meeting) stateside?

Why is it NOT ok for a foreign company to produce products here in the USA using US workers?

For the ancient crowd, why just blame the Japanese? Why not the Germans and Italians? I think it is just as foolish to say, I won't by a VW because they are german as it is to say I won't by a jap rotbox (excluding the econmic differences when purchasing these vehicles)... What about the Koreans? ;)

Why not be introspective about how we make, sell and distrubute American made products?

I guess it is a whole lot easier to point the finger and say not my fault...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just wish folks would be a little open minded about those who disagree with said opinion...

Comment

we have a pretty big subaru plant a little south of me in lafayette, indiana. the employee parking lot must cover 50 acres. in ohio they have even a bigger honda plant, it seems to go on for miles, and next to it a small american town, with little stores and resturants, parks, and schools. so in another words, a lot of americans rely on the sales of these imports.
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneshrink
                            Nothing says "I hate America" more then buying foreign made products when there are comparable American-made equivalents.
                            did you vote Republican last election? because if so, then you are partially to blame for the "China" problem: we owe them 10 trillion dollars, and the whole reason we can't stop the flow of imported goods into this country is because we are largely financed by the Chinese.

Think about that when you vote in a few days...

to me, nothing says "I Hate America" more than racking up huge debt with countries like China. And the irony is, most people who hate import cars and products, put the clowns in office that cause most of the mess we're in.
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

DG - really now

Are there anything BUT clowns in office?

Seriously - regardless of politics - the system is horribly broken.

Until the press reports the truth, term limits remove the good ole boy network, congress and the house are on social security and medicare like the rest of us, and campaign reform makes it possible for a regular person with regular income and some real integrity to run for office - we'll continue to have elections where the lesser of evils is the only choice.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                                Originally posted by Stoneshrink
                                did you vote Republican last election? because if so, then you are partially to blame for the "China" problem: we owe them 10 trillion dollars, and the whole reason we can't stop the flow of imported goods into this country is because we are largely financed by the Chinese.

Think about that when you vote in a few days...

to me, nothing says "I Hate America" more than racking up huge debt with countries like China. And the irony is, most people who hate import cars and products, put the clowns in office that cause most of the mess we're in.
                                Since when did a thread about whether someone is interested in import cars turn into a "Vote Obama" rant?

I come to this site to talk all things automotive with those with knowledge on that subject, not politics.

Comment

Working...
                                X