Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Anybody care about imports?

Originally posted by cal67ss396
    ah and here in lies the true division....between the turbo efi crowd and the big cube carburetor crowd. Not necessarily import vs. domestic.

Those wheels are really cool.
    And some try to knock down the walls.
    Turbocharged big cube carburated imports with domestic power.

Comment

v86,

I remember seeing photos of your car before, that thing is very cool, and fast. That is what its all about.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster

Have you import guys considered that maybe, just maybe, all of us "open-minded" carjunkies have looked into the import scene and after considerable due diligence, evaluation, inspection, analyzing and trying, just don't care for them ?? (and yes, it does come across like you are trying to push your views on us in an attempt to get us to change our minds - the question was asked and answers duly provided - so sorry that you didn't like what you heard).
        I'm not an "import guy" and I'm not trying to convince any anything, *except* when some "domestic" guys get on here and spout a bunch of bogus verbiage that's inaccurate. Like "doesn't make torque" or "cost too much to build" or "domestic v8s make more power per cube" - all that is backwards and wrong.

I could not possibly care less what anyone prefers here, that's fine with me - I'm simply here to correct inaccurate information.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek

Have you import guys considered that maybe, just maybe, all of us "open-minded" carjunkies have looked into the import scene and after considerable due diligence, evaluation, inspection, analyzing and trying, just don't care for them ?? (and yes, it does come across like you are trying to push your views on us in an attempt to get us to change our minds - the question was asked and answers duly provided - so sorry that you didn't like what you heard).
          I'm not an "import guy" and I'm not trying to convince any anything, *except* when some "domestic" guys get on here and spout a bunch of bogus verbiage that's inaccurate. Like "doesn't make torque" or "cost too much to build" or "domestic v8s make more power per cube" - all that is backwards and wrong.

I could not possibly care less what anyone prefers here, that's fine with me - I'm simply here to correct inaccurate information.

Ding!

Just like at the HRM site, the wrong information is being spread... Probably by the same people... ;)

The closed minded part is the part where the inaccuracies come in to play... Like what you want. But don't try and pass off stereotypes for fact...

To me, any car that has been wrenched on by the owner to improve performance (handling, straightline or otherwise) deserves to be here and share their experience with us. I am always open to a new trick or method...

Beside which this post turned into some sort of warped 'buy american' thing, again... I want to buy American... Show me where I can buy an American made TV or computer (what I am shopping for right now) that will compete on quality and price with other foreign makes... Not happening right now and shifting blame to make ourselves feel better about our inadequacies is not the way to make America strong again.

Comment

Originally posted by bnjny
            To me, any car that has been wrenched on by the owner to improve performance (handling, straightline or otherwise) deserves to be here and share their experience with us. I always open to a new trick or method...
            EXACTLY !!!

The problem arises when someone makes a declaration of "fact" (either side), without any documentation to back up their position.

.. then it becomes just an opinion or perspective, not fact.

Comment

Originally posted by bnjny
              To me, any car that has been wrenched on by the owner to improve performance (handling, straightline or otherwise) deserves to be here and share their experience with us. I always open to a new trick or method...
              EXACTLY !!!

The problem arises when someone makes a declaration of "fact" (either side), without any documentation to back up their position.

.. then it becomes just an opinion or perspective, not fact.
              This is very true for both sides... Or we wind up with a extreme comparison of 1200hp single minded machines... Let's be honest, most of the guys and gals on here have some really decent rides... None of which is a mega dollar built vehicle. With that being said, if we offer up and share our experiences with all cars. It can only enhance not only our knowledge but our ability to discuss different topics with a great understanding of both sides of the argument.

To be honest, this topic comes up over and over with the same stale responses for the same members (not a slight to anyone) on both sides.

I am tired of it... I want to see some different stuff...

Comment

Working...
              X