Help with a gas spill!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a gas spill!!!!

I had the back of the pinto jacked up in the garage to take the rear end out. Then I went on vacation for a week. I come back to a really bad gas smell. I start looking around and find the fuel was siphening out the line in the front onto the floor. So I stop the leak and find the gas has seeped into the concrete. I put oil dry on it, and the floor is now dry, but I cant get rid of the smell. I tried brake clean and wiping it up and have had the garage doors open with fans running and it still reaks bad. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the smell.

Re: Help with a gas spill!!!!

Mike, don't light a match !!
    ;)

Comment

My wife wants to light a match on the pinto b/c the whole house stinks. LOL

Comment

Leave the doors open as much as possible to air it out. That is the only thing I can think of other than febreze

Comment

Try spraying the area w/simple green, ect and let it sit for a few hours. Then use a pressure washer and clean it super good. It may not take all the smell away but it should help alot.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I don't know what kind of cleaner type simple green is but , I'd try a citrus cleaner of some kind .When I get gas on my hands thats the only thing that will get the smell off.

i

Comment

Just get a few dryer "fabric softener" sheets and set them on the concrete. Wait 5 weeks and problem solved.
              -dulcich

Comment

An ozone machine is the only thing to get rid of the smell.
                Other than time and keeping the doors and windows open.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
                  I don't know what kind of cleaner type simple green is but , I'd try a citrus cleaner of some kind .When I get gas on my hands thats the only thing that will get the smell off.
                  The same company that makes Simple Green also makes a citris based cleaner called Orange Blast !!

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                    The same company that makes Simple Green also makes a citris based cleaner called Orange Blast !!
                    Thats what I would try then!

Comment

Thats what I would try then!
                      Yup, anything like that will work.

Comment

I got gas all over when I changed the fuel pump in Sarah's SUV....

I took a gallon of simple green and dumped it on the floor, then scrubbed it with a bristle brush, then let it sit a while, then hosed it out.....worked pretty well.

You do have to let it air out for a while afterwards.

Seth
                        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Since my learning curve with cleaning up fuel spills on bare concrete I have coated my floor, definitely worth the $$$$ I spent on paint. After it airs/dries out for a few weeks, you may think about doing an epoxy coating. It will not only make future spills easier to clean but it will also seal the old ones in.

Comment

Steve you failed to mention that the Orange Blast tastes WAY better than the Simple Green as well.

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I was gonna suggest the match remedy, but I think you'd only trade the gas smell for the burned down house smell. Wife might be a tad more upset with the burned down house smell.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X