No announcement yet.

Anything Different Needed in the Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anything Different Needed in the Forum?

is this thread gonna turn into one of those QVC late night type of ads?

"Tired of no smilies? Do you hate PHP? incompatible browsers got you down? well, for the low low price of $9.99 a year, point your browsers to..."

;)
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Trust me, we'd love to be out beating on the Bomb right now, but can't. We're having fuel system, as in gas tank, issues, but have them figured out. But, since it isn't an autozone part, we are waiting to get a new one. The car runs fine if you have just the right amount of gas in it, but if not, the pump and return are not happy together. Once that is done, we'll go give it a good thrashing. In the meantime, we have driven it around town some more, autographed the street a LOT, and went through a set of drag radials. So, once we order more tires, get the new tank in it, and fill up on some good gas, we'll be out at Fontana or Bakersfield. We also have to go get our physicals and fill out NHRA paperwork so DF can get his license. The good news is we can go fast while getting his license.
      "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Hmmm... how 'bout more gallery pics? Think it was mentioned.

And could someone please tell me why I keep getting logged off after an hour or two? Even with the little 'leave me logged on all the time' box checked? I'm not trying to set records here, just wanna avoid popping a coronary when I have to keep re-logging in. Maybe put that setting into a member's profile? Or is it Verizon's fault?

Ooooh, how bout a 'website of the day' section, with old ones categorized for searches. It'd make a great tech info resource.

Comment

I only have one request..
          Get the forums untagged as streaming media so that they won't be blocked by the office web nanny.
          Probably not easy, nor good for my carear, but it would be nice...

Comment

Originally posted by milner351

I would like to see a few more forum subjects -
            -1/4 mile drag racing
            -1/8 mile drag racing
            - suspension for drag racing
            - suspension for street and road racing
            - brakes
            - fuel systems
            - diesels
            - road racing
            - engine swaps
            - body work and paint
            - electrical

lots of stickies in these forums with helpfull diagrams, DIY tips, write ups on adjusting cal tracs or four links,
            what year crown vic calipers go on what 8.8 rear axles,
            what year and model drum spindles from x car allow x car front discs to be bolted on in place of drums,

that type of madly usefull stuff at our finger tips would be a huge help to us all.

No offense, but I don't think there need to be lots of stickies, or even more separation of subjects within the forum. Most of the things anyone needs to post or read about can be found in the general or tech section. The "search" box at the top of the page works, and reduces the need for dozens of narrow scope forum subjects.

I say keep it simple, uncluttered.

Comment

Or...K.I.S.S.

Comment

We're fixing most of the glitches discussed here.

The bummer is that some of them are inherent to the SMF forum itself, such as the problem with photo uploading, and can't really be solved. This forum style also won't allow preview of forum threads without some hacking.

I also don't think I'll add any new sections to the forum. We're small enough that I think dividing it out will just make each section too small.

We discussed changing forum software, but there are two problems: 1) it's a pain to transport all the threads and the images and users, 2) we would have to rewrite the code that automatically creates a forum thread when new content appears on the main site. So it looks like we're sort of stuck with this setup.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Being computer illiterate,I don't see much more that you could do to make this any easier to use,All you have to do now is ask and ye shall receive,I think its a job pretty well done so far!!!!!
                  Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Well put.

Comment

Hey DF---- WE DIG IT!

Now go weld something!!

Comment

No complaints here....works great for me.
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Aircooled
                          I only have one request..
                          Get the forums untagged as streaming media so that they won't be blocked by the office web nanny.
                          Probably not easy, nor good for my carear, but it would be nice...
                          X2
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Really the forum is fine ( cameras seem to be broken ) < smiley just put a shop cam in I second the motion , Lets vote , All for say AYE ( prolly not the correct spelling but , I knew it wasn't eye ! )

Comment

Everything on the forums looks good the way it is to me... That is as long as the smilies get fixed....

Get back to wrenchin' and making videos!
                              Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Working...
                              X