The Fairlane wagon went 11.997 !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fairlane wagon went 11.997 !!!!

After Drag Week I made a few minor changes and took the wagon back to the track.
    Its still a stock 160k mile Lincoln Mark 8 engine with a 4R70W tranny and a stock converter.
    It went 12.13, 12.08 for me @ 114 mph
    I then turned to a buddy of mine who weighs about 80lbs less than I do and told him to make a pass in it.
    It went 11.997 @ 115mph
    Now I can tell everyone its an 11 second car!!! lol

here is a video of the 12.08 pass, I got a little anxious of the line on this pass.

This '63 Fairlane Ranch Wagon has an intercooled ProCharger supercharger, DOHC 4.6L motor, and runs on E85. He went 12.08 @ 114 MPH in this video but later i...

Re: The Fairlane wagon went 11.997 !!!!

I knew it could do it, I think that thing could be upside down and run within a tenth all day.

Comment

That is just a Procharged 4.6 right? That is amazing to be running that time with that old motor and a stock converter. What gears and axle?
      Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

way to go Sean. seriously, that's awesome...
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

That wagon is just neater than hell......

The fact that it has a bone-stock mod motor with a ProCharger doing those numbers......WOW.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!

The fact that it has a bone-stock mod motor with a ProCharger doing those numbers......WOW.
            you're missing one key ingredient. :smiley:
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

We know how much you guys hate the 4.6.

Comment

VTJUNK is going to be upset to see that video, thinking of his 63 fairlane wagon in pieces at the garage
                Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

nice! needs a turbo LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                    Originally posted by tiresmoke!

you're missing one key ingredient. :smiley:
                    Yes, the Lincoln engine is bone stock out of a 1994 Mark 8 that I picked up for $300.
                    It has an 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears (also junkyard stuff)
                    I run it on E85 with 60lb injectors.

And yes there is one key ingredient that ties everything together... the EMS Pro engine management system.
                    The fact that I can switch from gas (87 to 110 octane) to E85 whenever I want, make changes whenever I want, and be able to tune the car on the street by myself is priceless!
                    Actually I am going to leave the Fairlane alone, as long as it will still run with that engine, and start working on my next project. It will be a 92 Taurus station wagon with SHO engine and tranny, Procharger, E85, and another EMS Pro so everything will work together.
                    We know that we are messed up in the head but we thought it would be a fun family car.

Comment

That is a very cool car and those numbers with a 4.6 and a pro charger do not supprise me, its a solid motor to build on IMO....very very cool man, congrats!

Comment

I was there watching and it looked like it was really eager to go ;D
                        Glad you got it on video so you could watch it hopping around on the line.
                        Beautiful car in person too by the way!

Comment

cool car...nice job.

al
                          "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Very Nice....I love the way it bounces off the line.

Seth
                            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by V10Mercury

I then turned to a buddy of mine who weighs about 80lbs less than I do and told him to make a pass in it.
                              It went 11.997 @ 115mph

Nice to see you proved the adage that for every 100 lbs lost; you gain .10 of a second..... that time was almost exactly right for the 80 lb loss.
                              (laughing)
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X