Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Fairlane wagon went 11.997 !!!!

Kick ass.
    The way the rear end hikes up it looks like you've got mopap "super stock" springs in there!

Neat car.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Very cool! Congrats on having an 11 second car. Grin

When I went for my first sub-13 second pass I was sure I was gonna get a 13.000...ha.

Comment

Originally posted by min301
        We know how much you guys hate the 4.6.
        easy,now......I'll admit, it's not the "go-to" engine of choice in my house, but I can certainly appreciate it.

The ability to run 2 programs for fuel is intriguing.....to a lifelong carb user.

The next bullet for the Camaro may very well be a "flex-fuel" venture.

I do have one question: do you have 2 tanks for this car(one for regular gas, one for E85), or is it a case of run it out and fill up with the different fuel?

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
          Originally posted by min301
          We know how much you guys hate the 4.6.
          easy,now......I'll admiot, it's not the "go-to" engine of choice in my house, but I can certainly appreciate it.

The ability to run 2 programs for fuel is intriguing.....to a lifelong carb user.

The next bullet for the Camaro may very well be a "flex-fuel" venture.

I do have one question: do you have 2 tanks for this car(one for regular gas, one for E85), or is it a case of run it out and fill up with the different fuel?
          Shaun is a great example of a guy who learned the EFI stuff from scratch. He wired it himself, stopping to ask questions when he had them, then let me show him a little about the tuning on a chassis dyno. Then from there, he went on to change out injectors, blowers, fuel type and did all the retuning himself. He ran e85 the entire Drag Week and found that e85 stations can all have different blends, so he was retuning often - but his combo allows him to tune on the street just fine, so he's had no problems.

The ability to run a good tuneup and keep track of it, allows him to push the stock mod motor to it's limits comfortably.

i am anxious to see the next project take shape, the SHO Wagon will be cool.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

You, and this car/combo, are what hot-rodding is all about!! Doing something cool and original, making it fast, tuning, and driving it!!

Love the project, keep us updated!!

Ax

Comment

Thanks alot guys!

I have had a few "true" 11 second street cars before.
              This is the first car that I have had where I can change just about anything I want and not have to worry about making an appointment to go and get it tuned.

I am not a big fan of the way it lifts up when it takes off but its an old leaf spring car so I guess thats just the way it is.

I could easily set up 2 seperated fuel systems but I only have the one for now. It has not been an issue switching fuels back and forth so far, you just have to pay attention to what you are doing.

Its kinda funny, I have free access to a chassis dyno and I dont even use it! I dont even know what power numbers it puts down! It weighs 3900 on its own and goes 115mph so I am kinda scared to find out. I have no idea how long a 160k mile engine will live like this but it seems happy, so far.

Comment

You suck! This means it's going to take more than the 150 shot on Rusty to be fun. Hmmmmm I guess I'll have to go turbos on the stock 140k LT1 to see if it will run 11s too.

Congrats dude. I love that car.
                "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Long live long roofs!

Comment

Originally posted by V10Mercury

Actually I am going to leave the Fairlane alone, as long as it will still run with that engine, and start working on my next project. It will be a 92 Taurus station wagon with SHO engine and tranny, Procharger, E85, and another EMS Pro so everything will work together.
                    We know that we are messed up in the head but we thought it would be a fun family car.
                    You MUST build that ... it will mess up so many people!!

cheers
                    Ed N.
                    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Screaming Detroit
                      VTJUNK is going to be upset to see that video, thinking of his 63 fairlane wagon in pieces at the garage
                      Mine will get there someday.

Comment

Working...
                      X