local stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local stuff

Some random pics from the last few weeks. I have tons of pics I need to unload from my camera, so I'll post more. Also, I have two really cool barn finds to post later.

'50 Merc. I don't care it's a 4 door, I like it. This was on craigslist, but I happened to find it when I was out for a ride. Runs and drives, looks like a decent car. They want $3500 or B/O

These were in a junkyard I go to occasionally.

'64 Galaxie 500XL. This was complete, and is restorable. It sits in a yard somewhere in NY. Still had the buckets and console with shift on the floor. Yeah, the motor is upside down in the car.

My '69 at Musclepalooza, LVD.

Re: local stuff

That Merc reminds me of one of my friends that sadly died of cancer some years ago.He had a 33 Ford 3w and a willys with 400 csb and tunnel ram.We would go after stories about old cars,and we would find something now and then.We had a lead on a 51 merc 4 door some 120 miles north.

We found it after much recognicing and driving,down in a ditch were it had been since the early seventies.It was THAT bad.

And my friend wanted it so bad...

I havent got a pic of it,but it was just lying on the gruond totally junk...

And he wanted it still...I tried to talking him out of it,and he eventually said that he would wait and see if something better would come up...

The one you have pictured here,looks so good..He would have driven it just like it is there.He was the one that showed me that cars can be cool even if they havent got new paint.

Cool Mustang you got 8)

Comment

Dude I love that mustang!!!
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I would drive that Merc in a New york minute!!

I would fix and drive that Galaxie, and leave the paint just like it is... are they selling it?

Your Mustang is so awesome.

Ax

Comment

That Galaxy hurts me.... I want one of those in a bad bad way- believe it or not - after I finish the '69 mach, the plan is to enjoy it while, then sell it - and buy a "big car" like a galaxy or starliner, or a cobra kit, or a model A, or, or, or...

Nice mustang - what'd ya run?
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The fuel pump went, and it started sputtering just past the 1/8, and then stalled. I coasted to a 15 something. This was my first pass with a new carb, and a new exhaust, and it made a world of difference in how the car ran, so I have no idea what it would run. I'm guessing mid 13's. It's just a stock rebuilt 351C with a mild cam 2v heads, edelbrock intake, headers, C-4, and 3.50 gears.
            The 60' time was 1.93, leaving just off idle.

Comment

I wonder what they'd want for the rr brightwork on that '59 Chev...

Comment

I'm sure that Chevy is gone now.

'34 International p/u.

Old BMW scooter

Creampuff of a Dodge. Man this truck was nice.

Studebaker truck, sits on a 70's Chevy frame, 350/350, 12 bolt rear. Been sitting for years. I asked about it once and they told me 15. I thought they meant 1500. No, they want 15grand.

4x4 version of my truck, sitting in the junkyard. Not for sale.

This was actually a decent car, just really dirty. 4 carbs and a 4 speed. Part of a collection of Corvairs that was junked recently. They look to have been barn stored.

A '56 Ford I saved from going to the crusher. It went to a good home and it's being turned into a rat rod now. Despite how it looks, it was solid underneath, having come from NM.

Comment

VT when I have the money and the focus - i'm just going to ask you to find my next project - as you seem capable of sourcing just about anything!
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Heres some local stuff, not for sale things, but local!!

Comment

More stuff I took pictures of riding around town this Saturday. These are all within a few miles of my house.

[IMG]http://
                      http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii276/dragwagon63/0000001111aaaaaa018.jpg[/img]
                      [IMG]http://
                      http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii276/dragwagon63/0000001111aaaaaa016.jpg[/img]

This one is really sad. I know the owner of this Bronco, I tuned it up and got it running and driving again when it came out of a long storage. He got it for nothing, it was given to him. He has no interest in it. I tried to buy it, had a price, agreed to buy it, then his new wife spoke up and said it was worth more, approximately double what we had agreed. They are divorced now, and the Bronco sits outside, probably the first Winter it will be outside. It's a 302 3 on the tree, and spent most of it's life pulled behind an RV.

[IMG]http://'70 ElCamino, 350/350 $3500.
                      http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii276/dragwagon63/0000001111aaaaaa022.jpg[/img]
                      Also for sale, '70 Bronco. Super solid, no price.

Comment

The wrecker was interesting.Couldnt have lived with the short cab,but a little work would have changed that.

And the corvairs....guess someone like us with big interests for them ,are crying out loud now.

Comment

That flat bed was really cool... would make a great hauler!!

Bronco story is really hard to take, I love those, and my wife wants one.

and of course the '69 Mustang kills me.

Ax

Comment

yea, he was supposed to be at my house getting the motor ready for the GMC to set in,I get home from work to find out he's out joy riding. If you want something done you gotta do it yourself.lol
                            Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Working...
                            X