Another Junkyard Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Junkyard Tour

This yard is near Syracuse NY. I used to go here and get some really good stuff, even complete restorable cars, but haven't been there in about 5-6 years. A friend of mine lives nearby and had never been there. We decided to check it out a few weeks ago. The yard is heavily populated with Fords, but there is a little of everything. Here's a few pics, will add more as I load them.

First off, the '64 from the other thread, with a shot of the interior.

Another '64 parked next to it.

'65 Falcon Sprint that just made it into the yard. Kinda rough, but could be done.

'65? Olds Wagon. Runs, nice interior and chrome, needs floor pan work, and somebody broke the rear side window.

'66 Comet Caliente Convertible. Reasonably solid, complete, nice interior, for now anyway.

'63 Comet Convertible, TX car, nice body, perfect floors, needs to be rescued soon, or it's gonna get ugly.

'66 Fairlane Stock car. Seen better days, but it's cool to see anyway.

This is the same yard where this was found. '60 Ranchero 4x4

Re: Another Junkyard Tour

hay man ya ever go to gorden dobbens yard just outside watertown rt 81 runs along the back of it bug yard my uncle used to be real good friends /run the place we would go there and had the run of the place i got my willeys jeep from there my 409 my one hemi and there was a ton more some great some inside some junk can't remember the town it is in but it is just outside water town

Comment

Originally posted by jays67
      hay man ya ever go to gorden dobbens yard just outside watertown rt 81 runs along the back of it bug yard my uncle used to be real good friends /run the place we would go there and had the run of the place i got my willeys jeep from there my 409 my one hemi and there was a ton more some great some inside some junk can't remember the town it is in but it is just outside water town
      Is that the huge place that is full of old stuff? Somebody told me about a place up near Watertown that has tons of stuff about 15 years ago. The guys name that owned the place was Chet Farr, but he was an old fellow, and I thought it probably fell to the crusher by now. There was supposed to be a ton of muscle cars there.

Comment

I wish I had the time to get out to some yards!!

Great finds!!

Ax

Comment

it is in adams center gorden dobbens was the owner when i used to go there
          huge is an understatment and all the old stuff was put in rows i n the back and new stuff was stripped and then crushed this was in the mid 90's when i used to go there lots and lots of cool stuff my uncles 64 galaxie drop top big block 4 speed came from there old couple took it in to scrap he got it and etc.... cool place don't know who owns it now buildings full of old parts old cars etc...

Comment

Sounds like a road trip is in order.

I could get in trouble in a place like that.

Comment

Same yard as above, more pics.

Here's one of those boats with the fins on it.

Model A in the back of a pickup.

I wonder how much this thing weighs.

'50s Mopar disappearing under a tire pile. I remember this one had a Hemi.

'69 Torino GT. We will be getting this one out for parts.

These are near the front gate.

Comment

you are freaking killing me - I want that late 50's ford wrecker in a bad way....

powerstroke, zf5spd, gear vendors, crew cab it, stretch the frame for a hauler bed, hitch out back, air bags.....

man I'm good at dreaming up stuff I'll never have time or money to build!
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Me too.All what you said

Comment

That's a great example of what old cars look like in the "real world" ;)

And +2 on the wrecker. Sr. would love that for his 70's F350 Dually or International quad cab...
                    1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                    1997 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

I want that 4 door 59........bag it and roll........were the cars up front for sale?
                      Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Everything there is for sale, except some of the driveable cars, so no, the Chevy is probably not for sale. The Olds wagon is $750, and he has a '64 Fairlane hardtop for $1800. The parts he sells are cheap. There was some ratrod type guys walking around, and I saw them score a pair of original Torqthrust 15x8 wheels, one of those metalflake red/white/blue motorcycle helmets, and a couple of grille shells for dirt. The wheels were $40. There is buses and vans full of stuff, probably 25 vans, half dozen buses. He has an old '32 Ford 5 window, with SBF power, but it wasn't there when I was taking pictures. The guy is really cool to deal with. He does transmission work primarily, and when we went there, I asked if we could walk around and he says "hey, that's what Saturday mornings are for, right? Go ahead, help yourself" How many times do you hear that at a yard?

I've bought decent cars there for $200-300 dollars. The last one was a 4 door '63 Falcon from AZ, died on the NYS thruway and was abandoned. He towed it in and I ended up buying it, did some minor bodywork, and sold it. There used to be alot more stuff there, but he either scrapped some of it, or hopefully, they were bought for projects.

There was another yard nearby we stopped at, and we got an invite to come back sometime, the owner was leaving to go to a funeral.
                        "We gotta go stick somebody in the dirt" he said.

Comment

I think i'm in love with this place. I asked Bob if we could take a vacation to see this.

Comment

If you ever come across a 66 Sport Fury with the tail light assemblies intact and with decent chrome let me know, I will send you money for them if you woulnt mind too much...I cant find a decent set anywhere and the chrome on many of those cars looks fantastic....mine have worm like corrosion under the plating and look like ass...ebay is out of the question as for some reason these are hard to come by

Comment

I like the old Wrecker Tow Truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X