Tool Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Boxes

Post pics of your tool box/container/tools spread all over the workbench. Whether a snap-on box or cardboard box... lets see 'em. Im looking to buy a craftsman box after a little Christmas money. just wanna see what you guys got.

Bill

Re: Tool Boxes

Whatever you get, it will soon be too small. I have a Snap-On upper and lower (not too big, because I can't reach the top of those tall ones) and an old roller bottom with a cluged upper. They're both STUFFED! I'll take some pics when we get back from vacation (leaving tomorrow).

Dan

Comment

You wanna see the ones I have in the house or the ones I have in the garage?? ;D

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr
        You wanna see the ones I have in the house or the ones I have in the garage?? ;D
        Do i dare ask what room the "house" box is in?

show all

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr
          i want to see your box....oops your tool boxes. ;);D

mac tools condo at work, matco top and bottom,snap on chest,sandwich , and some craftsmen junk at home.
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

This is kind of weird(like you looking in my nightstand drawer)but here it goes. I need a maid.

Comment

Originally posted by ratrap1964
              This is kind of weird(like you looking in my nightstand drawer)but her it goes.
              You have one of those drawers too??? ;D

The "boxes" ;) I have in the house can be seen here

Comment

This is the "nerve center" of the shop...the crappy old Craftsman box holds quite a few tools, just to the left of it above the little blue cabinet is an overflowing shelf with some of the overflow, and in the next room is a metal base cabinet under the welding table that has more, etc.

the workbench is not as tidy as it could be.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

DONT BUY CRAFTSMAN!!! They are a rip off you can find a no name brand from Costco or something for a better price that is higher quality. You have to spend extra for ball bearings for a Craftsman. Try a garage sale, or asking mechanics if they are selling used stuff.

Comment

How'd that work? this is one I made before I could afford a roll away... Just decided it would be better to have storage then want it...

K

Comment

Here's my flat 'toolbox';

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I could get a better pic when I get home, but if you look past the bike there's my mess. I havn't cleaned it up since two projects ago.

Comment

Alot of it's between here(handtools & have had these boxes since mid 80's),

here(service tools),

here(specialty tools),

here(grinding & cutting tools),

here(it now has overhead shelves for the machining tools),

and here(measuring tools).

But most everything for me happens out of the little red cart in the middle in the back here(money making tools).

I like alot of small boxes and open areas to put tools where they're going to be used. I'd rather have 2 or 3 smaller and much less expensive Craftsman or generic boxes(especially when space starts getting limited as you can fit them in anywhere) then one of those giant 50"+ Snap-On or Mac catchall toolboxes that cost more then the tools in it are worth(they are nice if you can fit everything in the lower roll-away and use the top as a work surface or work for someone else though).

I'd really like to have some of the self made boxes like Keith did(those are the nicest to me and always remind you to put that extra touch or pride in what you're doing) and I like SBMopar's work area(looks comfy like)... but alot of people give up some really good work space just to store worthless clutter. Pegboard and shelves are both inexpensive and very effective in making you spend time wrenching rather then looking!
                          Todd

Comment

I'm thinking I've got pictures somewhere of my normal roll aways... the wooden one holds my un-common tools... I used it as my primary until I got in the shop about 14 yrs ago..

David's fix'in to have the same feeling I had... the day we collected all my junk from freinds houses and storage area's and moved it into my shop... it was the first time I'd seen my stuff in one place... it was really cool... Can't wait to hear his thoughts as that happens....

K

Comment

I wish I had the room available that some of you guys have for shop space.

Comment

Working...
                              X