Tool Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tool Boxes

I love the pass thru garage there... and I'll bet you have 5 times the space as many of the folks here.... and twice the organization... of everyone but Todd.... he's just anal.

K

Comment

Ya know, i'm thoroughly impressed by what some of ya'll do in the space you have. I mean I couldn't imagine doing the work my dad does on his car in a smaller place then I have for bikes. My place ain't big at all, but I guess I'm a bit spoiled when looking at the car rebuilds being done in +/- 800sf places(and yes I do remember doing all my work in an open carport a few moons back).

VERY nice Canadianized, awesome amount of room imo and extremely usable(and looks like you're covered on the extinguisher thread too - lol).
      Todd

KT :P

Comment

My first tool box is still in use, in the trunk of my 55 (or something else if I'm on a trip), here it was 27 years ago. I used to keep it under the seat of my truck, and carried it in to work at the junkyard every day. Amazing what you can do with a little tiny box full of the right tools.

and work space...we've come a long way, baby! this is my first engine swap, done with those tools...no driveway, no carport, certainly no garage, just some nice rocky dirt to lay on. I couldn't even afford a cardboard box or a carpet remnant

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

One of three top and bottom boxes...only picture I have at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
            My first tool box is still in use, in the trunk of my 55 (or something else if I'm on a trip), here it was 27 years ago. I used to keep it under the seat of my truck, and carried it in to work at the junkyard every day. Amazing what you can do with a little tiny box full of the right tools.

and work space...we've come a long way, baby! this is my first engine swap, done with those tools...no driveway, no carport, certainly no garage, just some nice rocky dirt to lay on. I couldn't even afford a cardboard box or a carpet remnant

Damn squirrel, kinda dating yourself on those pics :D What otor were you swapping in the old Apache?

Comment

JIM I love that box...

My top wooden box is kind of the same for me.... I've had it since I was a private.... when I was going to school to be a Helicopter mech I had some extra time and went and learned how to do wood work from this fella at the crafts shop... I was 19... but my original box I'd had for the first 4 yrs got ripped off... only thing in it of value was 3 socket head wrenches from Snap-on.... 7/16 to 9/16ths... pissed me off... I paid real cash teenager money for those... which is like triple adult money... Shoot it was the better part of 20 dang dollars...

I did find some very special things recently when my Mom died... Like the original Knobs to my 56 Wagon... ( might have to build a car around those one day )... and the Valve Cover caps that are on my current 550 Honda... ( they came off my first bike ).... same box had some NICE pictures of my Girl Freind at the time... Bikini and ALL....

K

Comment

Here's what mine looks like in the middle of a major thrash (full trash can and all)

I like those pics Squirrel -- cool :D

Comment

I guess here's some older photos kind of showing.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyG

Damn squirrel, kinda dating yourself on those pics :D What otor were you swapping in the old Apache?
                    That was about 1979, the engine was a 396 which is sitting in my shop on a stand right now.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                    X