Should we be concerned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we be concerned?

Im kinda talking about what the guy with locked topic said.Our hobby specifically, nothing else. What if it does become a problem? How do we fight it? Join SAN? I think maybe somebody should address this. Is it time to form sort of an NRA but for our car hobby? Am I worrying for nothing? Im not trying to start an argument I would just like some answers from people in the know, because im not.

Re: Should we be concerned?

Is that not the job of SEMA, SAN, and us?

Start calling your representative if things come up.

But that thread(now locked) was political, not automotive.

Comment

SAN seems like a good place to start......check out some of the other "club" sites, see wat their views are.

Check out some stuff online.....see if their actions match their rhetoric.

I know that in my profession(I drive for a living), The OOIDA claims to be there for the driver, but does little more than collect member dues and go along with the industry bigwigs......so it DOES pay to investigate.

Comment

SEMA, SAN, and involvement certainly seem the best route for now. It's very easy to attack our hobby as non-essential and "bad for the environment."

Comment

Having worked for the EPA for all those many years, and having been involved with the Crusher Camaro in its original, low-emissions form, I can tell you that MOST (not all) Government officials are not against our sport. What they ARE is blissfully unaware. Just about the time SAN and others get them schooled that we are not monsters set upon destroying the environment, a new crop comes along and the lesson is lost.

So the best we can do is keep our agenda in front of the decision makers. We can't get discouraged if we have to do it over and over again - it likely isn't the same cast of characters we're taking to. Send SAN (or the group of your choice) some support, both written and $$. Write your reps. Let the decision makers know that we care and we vote. We are not a bunch of punks (I'm almost 62, fer Pete's sake). If you look at the groups (NRA, AARP, etc.) that have influence, they're the ones who speak up loud and often - the old squeaky wheel thing. We need to squeak loud and long.

Dan

Comment

We are a large Industry. We are not going out to the curb anytime soon. To much money to be had by the big boys still.

Comment

keep your friends close , but keep your enemies closer

Comment

Working...
              X