"who is John Galt"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "who is John Galt"

Anybody else like Ayn Rand ? I am reading "Atlas shrugged right now,very intresting.

Re: "who is John Galt"

Very much so, but I've learned to be very guarded about it. The ideas expressed in her writings will evoke unbelievable rage in the people that disagree with it. You'll also find that most of the people that are the most vocally enthusiastic about it just miss the point entirely and are often straight up flippin' nuts and rather "cultish". Those that do get it rarely talk about it. Most of the people here would find that it speaks them directly and like it-a lot-otherwise I would not even comment on this thread.

Atlas Shrugged is over 1000 pages, and should really be read after The Fountainhead. Anyone that's curious about it should read "Anthem" first. It's a short, easy read that speaks directly to the core idea. It's a perfect litmus test. After reading that book people will either embrace it or throw it down in horror and disgust.

Comment

Looks very interesting. Thanks for the tip.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

if you watch dirty dancing , the obnoxious waiter loaned fountainhead to baby , but not to mess it up because he had notes in the margins

Comment

I picked up Anthem and The Fountainhead today.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Yup, in high school...

Comment

Great books.

Comment

Working...
              X