• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing set Hell

My grandma and grandpa: "We're buying Tommy a swing set!"
    Me: WOW! That's incredibly generous!
    Grandpa: We'll put in on one of the flat beds from work and bring it over
    Me: WOW! That's incredibly convenient and generous!

The swing set arrived....in two casket sized 200lb boxes. SHIT.

Anyone else ever been there?

The directions said 12 hours to fully assemble. I don't think that counts the night's sleep.
    I should have it finally wrapped up in an hour or two tomorrow, but I put in 10 on it today.

My incentive is that I have new tractor parts to install once I get this monstrosity finished.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Swing set Hell

12 hours how big is it we need pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think I could design and make one with some steel stock and a welder in less than 12 hours.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

It ain't all that big, but with dozens of bags of hardware, and a least 100 pieces.

I'll sum it up this way. The actual "instructional" part of the instructions...is 42 f'n pages.

Brian

Comment

Here's hoping it's idiot-proofed instructions that require 42 pgs.

"Now get your Phillips screwdriver (also known as a star screwdriver, cross tip screwdriver, and 'can opener'."

LOL
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Here's what it's gonna look like done, but they used a hell of a lot LESS duct tape than I've used so far.

Brian

Comment

Coulda gutted that Stude and put it in the yard. Bet he would have as much fun with that. But then again that wouldn't be as much fun as working on it with Dad.

Comment

do like my kids
                use the swings at the park

Comment

That's what we were doing until Gran and Grandpa provided us with this wonder of engineering. The guilt of not assembling the thing in time for them to see him on it would be pretty mega-huge. Every ounce of me was saying, "Just wait 'till Spring" as I was cutting the boxes open. But you never know.

Brian

Comment

swingset hell looks like a fort

Comment

It's like when someone gives you a puzzle for Christmas...and you don't do puzzles. Thanks for signing me up for something I don't care for and don't have a chance of having the time to do...

Ah, but you've got that kid...better grin and bear it, my man. He's gonna love it.

Comment

Logans swingset took me and my Dad 9 hours to assemble....

The crazy part is that he is a carpenter and I am an engineer.....Holy Crap.

Those things are a nightmare....

Seth
                        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Shit like that is why Im glad my kid is 18.My parents intentionly(?) bought crap for my son that I would have to put together.Why you ask? Because I pitched a fit because my dad and my uncle had burned up a train set before I got to even use it.Tell them to get him stuff that is a floor model and on clearance.Its easier to throw it in the back of the truck.LOL.I feel your pain

Comment

Yeah...my kids want one of those damned things.

The cheapo will do them for now....hope that bastard is made of pressure-treated lumber, Brian.

Otherwise, plan on an assload of Thompson's water seal....

Comment

I built my kids a swing set, wondering who I was fooling as I figured they'd never use it. In fact, they each dang-near lived on it during particular periods of their lives...it was very-much worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X