Road trip pass the arctic circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip pass the arctic circle

Had a road trip over the arctic circle yesterday.A friends son has a 2000 Ford F250 diesel with a bad trans.So to get to the transmission shop,we must travel to Fauske.A little town 120 miles north of our town.

Someone said that this is the best place for a Ford

Here we have stopped just some miles from the arctic circle.A mountain pass 700 meters over sea.Its called Saltfjellet.

Can be verry bad weather here in the winter.VERRY BAD...

There are a railway called nordlandsbanen that crosses the arctic circle.And there has been built a bridge to cross it up on the mountain.

Bad weather,means trouble for the railway too.So there are some old buildings up there from the old days.When the train couldnt make it over the mountain,they had radio and equipment stored there for help.

Some more miles north,there are a 60 Impala Ragtop that has been standing outside for the last 20 years or more.We couldnt drive the other road for a better pic because of the trailer.This is what i could get on my camera,The owner wont sell,and are a little special.We didnt stop.

Will get better pic next time..

The transmission shop is called Bluesmobile,and only fix american cars.Because of the weekend,the owner wasnt there.there are always some cars around there.

A caddy that has seen better days.

A lincoln in good shape.

Re: Road trip pass the arctic circle

Guess someone can see what type of trans this is?

Comment

Found some old machines that have been restored too.From the fifties.The yellow red one was very popular here in the old days.

I have never seen one of these before.Guess im too young .Must be driven by a tractor or a industrial engine.The axle for the power,can be seen here.

Nothing glamourous here..

Comment

A friends bodyshop was totally destroyed by fire this summer.He had a very nice charger 68 that was totally restored by himself.it was damaged in the fire,and are now being restored again.New roof and quarter panels.

Seen here.Looks good on photos,but all panels are warped and damaged.

Thread on Dodge charger.com.

Reading the thread now for the first time in many months,i realized there are others that have suffered more than my friend.Check out the last posts.

Comment

There is a 54 mercury being modified with corvette C4 front and rear suspension too.

It will get a TPI engine.He had a stroked Ls1 in the works,but the deal fell through.

Comment

The arctic circle pics....all I got for that is BRRRR.

Makes me wanna throw on every set of longjohns and socks I own.....I've a lot of respect for you folks that live that close to somewhere freezin'-ass cold.

Haven't seen a Continental or Biarritz in that good of condition in a while......nice paint on the old II.

The Charger and Merc will be sweet rides when finished.

Comment

That was great, thanks a lot.

Comment

No sweat hehe

Comment

Love the pics from other parts of the world...thanks!
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

On the way home,we passed a garage where a ranchero was being started for the first time in many years.It was supposed to be running this summer,but after the cam and intake had been changed,a nut had found its way down the intake and into one of the cylinders.So it wouldnt crank over.

Last evening it was fired for the first time in many years.351 w and C4 trans.

The owner of the ranchero also have this camaro with 350 and broken th700.

Will be fixed in the near future.

Comment

Thanks, BT!

It's great to see what you guys are up to. I wonder if the little blue power shovel was home made. It seems almost like it could have been. It would be great for trenching and so on.

I'm a "X2" on the BRRRRrrrr! I moved from Michigan to North Carolina so I didn't have to shiver anymore.

Speaking of non-North Americans - has anyone heard from Herman lately? Seems like we're due for a message from Holland.

Dan

Comment

Nice pix, thanks!

As a kid my family travelled from Copenhagen to Stockholm on a ferry in the summer, we were out on the deck enjoying the twilight at 11:30pm, I couldn't believe it. We went on (by bus) to Helsinki and (what was) Leningrad. I can't imagine what that part of the world would be like in the winter. Too cold for me, probably.

Comment

Awesome update!

I like those shots on the road where there's just shear emptiness. I can't imagine what those roads are like during a storm. However, looks like a great landscape to tear up with a wicked 4x4.

Good luck to your friend with body shop and Charger.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                            Thanks, BT!

It's great to see what you guys are up to. I wonder if the little blue power shovel was home made. It seems almost like it could have been. It would be great for trenching and so on.

I'm a "X2" on the BRRRRrrrr! I moved from Michigan to North Carolina so I didn't have to shiver anymore.

Speaking of non-North Americans - has anyone heard from Herman lately? Seems like we're due for a message from Holland.

Dan
                            There wasnt anyone around to get details about the showel,but looking at its design...it could be homemade .

And freezing in the winter.We havent got snakes-war-malaria-crowded places.So there are good things about the BRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by kso4
                              Nice pix, thanks!

As a kid my family travelled from Copenhagen to Stockholm on a ferry in the summer, we were out on the deck enjoying the twilight at 11:30pm, I couldn't believe it. We went on (by bus) to Helsinki and (what was) Leningrad. I can't imagine what that part of the world would be like in the winter. Too cold for me, probably.
                              In the summer.There isnt dark the whole summer.From the start of june to the last of July.

We have been thinkering about taking some cars up to the mountain pass this winter at a bad weather day,just to show how coooool we are

Comment

Working...
                              X