Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Economy vs: CJTV...and the bad economy wins

Originally posted by Freiburger
    CJTV might NOT shut down. Anyone have a rich uncle?
    So far he hasn't come foreward.

Comment

If I did, you'd be the first to know.

Comment

DF, one of my friends runs a web hosting business, they have GREAT rates, tons of features.

I'm not trying to advertise for him or anything, I just figured that you might be in need of some cheap hosting so us Junkies have somewhere cool to go.

Comment

I got a Uncle Sam, But he only bails out other rich people

Comment

Well this really is a sad day....glad there is a plan B.......This means I will have to start working more diligently on my thesis now instead of coming here though....its been a great learning experience thanks to you all and I will be looking forward to parking the bird over in the yard when it opens for business.
            Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

It will suck extremely suck if this site has to shut down - but I have every faith we'll join back up at Frieburger's Junkyard, and if not there somewhere else. The people on this site make it the best anywhere. Well, that and videos of DF driving a Jeep over a van in the parking lot.

Comment

Sad news indeed ..
                sigpic

Comment

Will all the multimedia, threads, editorials, news and stuff be gone once the lights go out? All the project threads and stuff gone?

Is there anyway to copy it all to the new site?
                  Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

I am another lurker with few posts but i have been here every night from the beginning. I have the new site bookmarked if needed and will use the same name. See you all there as long as this economy doesn't knock out the whole internet. Thanks for the new site DF/Chad

Comment

• Re: The Economy vs: CJTV...and the bad economy wins

Originally posted by cantvalve16
                      Will all the multimedia, threads, editorials, news and stuff be gone once the lights go out? All the project threads and stuff gone?

Is there anyway to copy it all to the new site?
                      Cantvalve, I do not believe that it's going to be a 100% wipeout. More details on that as time progresses.

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The one day I dont check in during the day and I miss this!? I am sure it will work out one way or the other.
                        This economy really does suck! >

Comment

Sooooo come February, a CarJunkie Revival Open House or a Freiburger's Junkyard Crawl Party?
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Dave and Chad,

Thanks for all you two have done. You guys have single handedly gotten me thru a very difficult year plus in my life with this endeavor. I too have followed you from mag to mag,and I will continue to stalk you.

Another big THANK YOU to all of the Junkies for letting me be a part of this. It is truely the best forum I've ever been a part of...the diversity and acceptance of different views is a nice change from most internet sites.

Again, THANKS guys!!!
                            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

This is bringing out the not so PC part of my vocabulary......I cannot begin to show my thanks for the Site, DF & Chad, and All the members....I hope that a miracle happens to keep this place alive.

I would gladly pay a monthly fee to keep it open. How much would the fee need to be to keep the doors open?

Here are a few things I am sure of.

1. I will definitely be on the new site....
                              2. The Forum engine will be finished, installed, and run at Drag Week & Maxton...
                              3. I will stay in touch with all of the great people I have met here...
                              4. I will have a running Chevelle next spring...Thank you Brian

This has been the best year of my life. CJTV played a part in that and for that I am grateful.

Here is hoping.

Seth
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

What everyone else here has said X2

Was wondering if something was going on (or not going on) because of the lack of new features. Forum posts have seemed to be down in the last week or so also.

You guys are skilled builders. Why not do full builds for customers online. Kind of like "American Hotrod" without the personal drama and with a lot more humor. Make a few bucks on both ends of the deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X