The Economy vs: CJTV...and the bad economy wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Economy vs: CJTV...and the bad economy wins

Many of you have noticed the lack of new vids, fresh news items, and timely forum posts by Chad and I. The reason is that we have been dealing with a lot of ungoodness lately. CarJunkieTV has about $533,000 in contracted sponsorships for 2009, plus another $1 to $3 million depending on how many handshake agreements you believe will get signed on paper. However, while we met our goals for audience size, our sponsor sales were lower than forecasted for 2008. Worse, the recent stock-market plummet left our investors unable to continue to fund the site. Despite the promise of ’09 sponsorships, we don’t have the cash to get from here to there. We have been unable to land bridge loans, new investors, or buyers. In a nutshell, the economy has killed us.

That leaves the following scenarios for the future.

First, the company’s board is still seeking buyers. If or when a buyer is found and how Chad and I will or won’t be involved is an unknown.

Second, if a buyer is not found for the entire company, the equipment will be sold off and perhaps we can find a way to capitalize on that.

Third, I’m working on getting my own personal site going. This new site will include Chad and Brian Lohnes for content, and Min301 and Turk have agreed to moderate. The meat of my site will be a more active gearhead news, opinion, and testing blog, plus galleries and the forum. The good news about the site being mine is that I am the controller rather than a board of investors and the overhead is nill so it can stay viable, but the bad news is that I will not be able to afford video production, at least not at first. The url is FreiburgersJunkyard.com; it’s being developed as we speak.

Meanwhile, Chad and I have been thrashing hard to move 38 cars, a bunch of engines, and all our tools and junk out of the CJTV shop while also scheming for the future. We have some big plans to share in coming weeks and months.

Special thanks to our friends at MSD, Air Ride, Aeromotive, Dart, and GM Performance Parts for the faith in us and the invaluable support that let this last for a very fun year. We’re forever in their debt. Please continue to support those companies, especially in these hard times.

Most of all, huge thanks to all of you who have made CarJunkieTV.com our favorite spot on the net.
    We’ll still be here with you for as long as CarJunkieTV.com remains live. It could go dark as soon as the end of this month or next, or it could survive indefinitely. We hope you’ll stick with us here or elsewhere. Stay tuned for news that will be posted as quickly as we’ve got it.

And if anyone wants to buy a car from me…NOW is the time!

Re: The Economy vs: CJTV...and the bad economy wins

Sad news. I hope the best for you guys. Call me know if you need some help in moving.

As for the cars. You know which one I'd like, but I fear it's way out of price range.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Shit!

I'll gladly stick with you guys here, or elsewhere. Don't think that you need broadcast quality videos to hold our attention-it's the content that matters so cheap, short, self edited camcorder vids would keep us entertained just fine.

Also-I don't want to let it go un-said how thankful I am for what you all have done so far.

Comment

Have had the feeling it was this way it was gonna be :'(.Tooo bad,but the new site is gonna get a new member from Norway...

The videos on this site are(have been) cool as hell.It makes much life and personal feelings get on the air.Somehow this must continue in one or the other way.

Comment

Total major bummer.

One way or another, you guys will make it - you may not see the light at the end of the tunnel at this point - but I assure you it's there, the transition may be painfull, but you'll endure it.

I'll keep those carjunkie stickers as prized posessions for sure... I hope you can keep it going one way or another.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Damn, that sucks. There are congratulations on what you have accomplished in the last year, and the level to which you came out and only got better. I think we'll all support you here or wherever you go on to. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to take a little ride along this trip.

Joe

edit-p.s. www.FreiburgersJunkyard.com has now been bookmarked.
            sigpic

Comment

The good news is that the trip ain't over...and I still get to be the annoying guy in the backseat.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I'm at a loss of words............It will all work out in the end. I suport anything you guys do.
                Living the dream!

Comment

Looking at Buds' license plate, I'm reminded that many of you will ask why we are not continuing as "Car Junkie" something-or-other. That name is owned by the company, not by me. Thanks to everyone who has identified himself/herself as a "Junkie" over the past year.

Comment

This sucks at many levels for us, not just because we don't have jobs, but because despite our best efforts, awesome viewers and amazingly positive feedback from our sponsors, we just can't make money out of thin air. As DF said, a big thanks goes out to Air Ride, MSD, Aeromotive, Dart and GM Performance Parts. I'd also like to thank our other supporters who have been there for us like Matt "Cherry Daddy" Graves from Cherry Bomb, the entire Painless Performance crew, Toyo Tires, Ken Sink at Milodon, Gil Cormaci and Bob Endress at Vortech, Amir Rosenbaum at Spectre Performance, BRP Hot Rods, Matt and Bill at Holley, Josh Murphy at Firestone, Jon Clark at Mopar Performance, Adam Hughes at GM Planworks, Ryan Walker and Rebeldryver for their help around the shop, Keith and Tonya Turk, Chris Douglas at Comp Cams, Steve Brule and the Westech Crew, the Fast and Furious car builders, Universal Pictures, Western Studios, Paul from Anarchy Graphics, Skratch's Garage, Brian Lohnes, Alfred at A-Z Towing, Fred Williams, Rick Pewe, Jerry Pitt, Rob Kinnan, and all of you our viewers.

David and I also want to give a very personal thanks to our families for supporting us through this all. Thanks Mom and Dad. Thank you Karen and Daphne for staying with us even though we suck and barely qualify as spouses most of the time. We love you.

I'm sure we are missing people, but you get the idea. Thanks.

Remember, we're not dead yet. We just couldn't wait any longer to tell all of you what was going on. You are our supporters and you deserve to know. Wish us luck. This is just a speed bump.

I could use a loan though...lol

Oh, and I have the hood off of Rusty for sale along with a good 396 core. It's a 68/69 325/350 HP 396. Standard bore, spun a road bearing. I have all of it but the rods and pistons. Make me an offer.

"A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

What he said, x1000.

Comment

It blows!

Comment

Brian,

We're not there yet. Quit asking!

He is annoying. Like the 7year old you can't punch cause he'll tell someone...lol
                          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Wow, that sucks. I have a young automotive company and can appreciate your pain. This is the best site I go on. If there's anything I can do...... If you guys want to relocate to Nova Scotia, Canada. My doors always open. Good luck, I hope you save it. Thanks for the last year>

Comment

X2 what he said.Open door in Norway too.

Comment

Working...
                              X