found this on rice boy tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found this on rice boy tv

Given the fact that we're all spread out doing our own things so that we can put food on our tables, I'm not sure if Nads or Ricky will send out any sort of announcement regarding the closing of the RBTV site. I know that our hosting company sent us an email saying that both RBTV and CarJunkie will be shut down next Monday (Nov. 24).

I know this is a bummer for all, and while I can't speak for everyone, I think it's safe to say that all of us at RBTV really appreciate your continued support. It means a lot - so much that words aren?t enough to truly describe how grateful we are that you all took this ride with us. Business wise, RBTV was a success and was set to actually be profitable in early '09 (which is very fast for a new company). But having guys not into cars or media controlling the purse strings (especially in this economy), we just couldn't get the funds to continue. Hopefully we'll be able to keep the team together and come back bigger and stronger than before.

Re: found this on rice boy tv

Since we're all owned by the same people, they have the same problem we do. Well that and the fact that they are into riced out imports...lol
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

what i was getting at was themonday shut down of both sites and you seem to have made more effort to keep forum alive

Comment

So Dave RBTV is in your favorites?THAT surprises me ;D :D

Comment

Only visited there a couple times BUT they had some nice eye candy!

Comment

Originally posted by ksj1
            So Dave RBTV is in your favorites?THAT surprises me ;D :D
            o no not from you your stratus is more Mitsubishi than dodge you got some ricer in ya LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D

and no it is not in my favorites btw just found out about it like 2months ago

Comment

Only visited there a couple times BUT they had some nice eye candy
              Why does this not surprise me Andy ;D
              As long as it doesnt say Mitsi on the outside its still a Dodge right? :-[

Comment

Originally posted by fabricatordave
                I know that our hosting company sent us an email saying that both RBTV and CarJunkie will be shut down next Monday (Nov. 24).

"Our" hosting company? I don't get the connection. How did you get that?

Comment

Oh. I don't go over there. It'll be interesting to see if Monday is the day.

Comment

I used to know this guy that worked as a bartender for the Grahams Corporation here in Phoenix, which was a couple of bars here in town, plus they had bars in other states. Anyway he new the owners pretty well to the point that they funded a couple of businesses for him to start. Crap thing was when the business started taking off, they would sell it, give him a little bonus for his time and he'd be out of a job/business. Anyway he learned his lesson that you can't rely on someone else to make money for you, so he started a custom bike shop here in Phoenix and is doing pretty well for himself.

So what I guess I'm trying to say(and I hope this isn't taken the wrong way), is Dave you need to be the boss and quit riding on the heels of these rich guys that have money and want to take advantage of you. The fact is you have a "big name" in the business, which is why these rich guys are willing to invest money in you. But the problem with that is at the first sign of trouble their going to leave you out in the cold. Basically your life is in their hands and their going to put themselves first over anyone else.

Anyway man I know starting a new business is a hard thing to do, but being your own boss is a great start. And from one self employed guy to another I wish you all the luck in the world in being successful. But then what am I saying, with a name like Freiburger how could you not. ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X