The Fury is home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fury is home

Has spark coating the wires, saw that neat trick last night. It has some kind of transmission module thing, it's bolted to the front fender. Other than that it's your typical $200 beater, runs and drives. Good parts. Got a shop lined up, next check I'll send the Diplomat up to it, then once the Chevelle decides to run right I'll haul the Fury up there.

This piece of shit won't even spin a tire in a loose gravel pit, and it's 318 powered. :D Did drift pretty good when I cranked the wheel @ 40mph in said gravel pit, though...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: The Fury is home

Hey I need those leaf spring hangers....................... ;D

Comment

Once the heavy stripping starts, no problem.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

What body type is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
          It has some kind of transmission module thing, it's bolted to the front fender.
          cruise control?

Anyways, it might have the 2.2x gears in it, they kind of kill performance...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Good score! At first, I thought you were referring to the CarJunkie Fury. Does that thing have the good ol' "reliable" lean-burn system on it?

Comment

The Fury is an M, a relative of F (Aspen) and J (Mirada). Yes, it does have that pain in the ass Mopar called Lean Burn. I'm pretty certain it's got 2.24 rear, it's a civi model.

Comment

Yes, it does have that pain in the ass Mopar called Lean Burn.
                If you weren't junking that car, it would be the first thing I got rid of. Ma Mopar's electronic ignition conversion system and a 600 CFM Edelbrock car and performer intake would do nicely on the 318...all of which could be gotten off of Ebay for cheap.

Comment

The Fury is an M, a relative of F (Aspen) and J (Mirada).
                  I couldn't remember what the M bodies were. Is the Deplomat a M body to right? And I am tring to remember what a Mirada looks like. I have a F body Aspen and M and J body rear mounts will work on my car. Dam Junkyard Cut mine before I saved it.

Comment

Hey SJ....check that one issue of Mopar Muscle(the one on display at the shop).....the Diplomat is compatible, it has the parts you need.

Tiresmoke

Comment

Nice, Remy; does it have all the parts you need to get the Dippy back on the road? Nothing like a parts car to put a project on track; won't be long now.

Comment

Theoretically, yes. It does have all the body parts I need, and the interior is perfect. The hard part is getting the engine out to open it up and double-check to make sure everything is ok...The electrical is the worrying part, but this thing is so untouched (no aftermarket radio, no foglights, no anything) that I shouldn't worry too much. I'm lucky enough to have a indoor place to put the two together and start the work.

Comment

Working...
                        X