scats pro car seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scats pro car seats

Has anybody used the procar seats from scat. They have a low back seat that almost matches the seats in my GTO perfectly. Kinda hate dropping 4bills if they are uncomfortable junk.

Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Re: scats pro car seats

They are a little too small. They're for VWs.

Comment

thanks DF, I was worried about that.
      I have new covers for my stock ones, guess ill buy some new cushions and re build them.
      Doug
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

I run the high backs. That's different seat though. I like them. They are snug.

But over the years the material is not a thick as a stock seat. I ripped one at the seams and I could see the thinner vinyl.

Comment

I've swapped seats into and back out of several cars and trucks, even put honda prelude seats in my mustang for a while.... after these experiences - I would say unless it's a full on race car, rebuilding the factory seat is the way to go.

I've thought about trying to put car seats onto truck seat frames - but never tried it, but I did put taurus seats in an F150, and that didn't work too well. I also had 2002 F150 seats in a '88 F250 - nope, not even that worked very well.

I've rebuilt a few factory pick up seats in late 90's Ford 250/350 trucks. It's amazing what a piece of wood panelling or sign board can do between the seat foam and springs. Just replacing broken wires or springs (springs from the bin at the hardware) can make a huge difference in the way seats feel.

My buddy did a full interior job at home on his dart - he used big contractor garbage bags over the seat foam before sliding on the new repop covers - he said it made putting the covers on a snap - and the seats look great and are really comfy with new foam and covers - and a few fixed springs / wires. He was worried that the bags would make noise under the covers - but you have no idea they're in there.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I have Scat seats in my Camaro. They are 6 years old now and look great! They seam to be built well (I am 5'10' and 280lbs!) and are big enough for my fat @$$. The vinyl does eem thin, but they are holding up to the kids!

Comment

I'm a big fan of stock seats. If it's a race car, get Kirkeys.

Comment

After helping to install that kirkey in the jungle gym of a cage in the at bonneville Ill pass.
                its a slow street car, so Ill redo the factory ones. thanks everyone ! Doug
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                  I'm a big fan of stock seats. If it's a race car, get Kirkeys.

But if you need seats and you saw a pair of brand new never installed black Scat Procar seats at the Long Beach swap meet for $100 would you buy them?

Comment

Only if I was doing a low-buck project. Not for personal use.

But I happen to be doing a low-buck project.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                      Only if I was doing a low-buck project. Not for personal use.

But I happen to be doing a low-buck project.
                      My life is a low buck project !! :P

Comment

Working...
                      X