Computer question from a dumb ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Computer question from a dumb ass

Gotta chime in on the Mac wars. I've been with Mac since forever (probably 1985 or so), and I've never had a virus nor have I had the 'puter lock up. But like Jim said - it's like a Honda car. I just want it to start, stop, go around the corners, and take me where I want to go. I don't CARE what drive something is on, and I can see NO reason why I ought to know. For people like me, Mac is perfect. If you feel some compulsion to know something about the box, then the PC should be your choice. I'm not saying that one is better than the other - they're just different beasts. We can all relate to someone who wants to tinker with his/her junk - that's what the site is all about. I prefer to mess with my cars and use computer time to talk to y'all.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
      Gotta chime in on the Mac wars. I've been with Mac since forever (probably 1985 or so), and I've never had a virus nor have I had the 'puter lock up. But like Jim said - it's like a Honda car. I just want it to start, stop, go around the corners, and take me where I want to go. I don't CARE what drive something is on, and I can see NO reason why I ought to know. For people like me, Mac is perfect. If you feel some compulsion to know something about the box, then the PC should be your choice. I'm not saying that one is better than the other - they're just different beasts. We can all relate to someone who wants to tinker with his/her junk - that's what the site is all about. I prefer to mess with my cars and use computer time to talk to y'all.

Dan
      Very well stated. This is one of the many reasons i wish i had a mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
        Isnt that what people are saying about cars too? Life is too short to be driving an american car? Oh wait, wrong crowd to be saying this too. ;)
        No that's what I'm saying about smallblocks... oops, did I say that out loud? :D
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
          Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
          Isnt that what people are saying about cars too? Life is too short to be driving an american car? Oh wait, wrong crowd to be saying this too. ;)
          No that's what I'm saying about smallblocks... oops, did I say that out loud? :D
          No, you're still wrong. Not small blocks, Jeep inline motors. LOL

Comment

Your problem isn't a virus. It is spware and malware.
            Go to www.download.com
            Get AVG Anti Virus Free version, Spybot Search and Destroy, AVG Anti Spyware and Ad Aware.
            Run the all once in a while.

Comment

Working...
            X