What car are you working on NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What car are you working on NOW

painting my camaro,and putting the 454 back in. I also just picked up a nos super powershot system for it to ensure I get into the 11's ;D
    Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Originally posted by robbie70
      [/img]

Hallo everyone!

I own a 1976 Chevy Camaro LT that i've been working on.

My name is Robbie and i live in Holland The Netherlands.

Welcome, by-the-way...

Current project '88 Jeep Cherokee I-6 (for Jeep club runs).

Comment

(Hopefully) 66 Buick Wildcat 401 Nailhead (counting on the current inflexible seller breaking down over a long cold winter and needing the cash more than the car come spring)
        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

95 Ford Taurus SHO, 3.0L DOHC Yamaha V6

73 VW Super Beetle, 1600 cc air-cooled monster ;D
          Just got a Toyota MR2 blower off eBay, the planning begins for this one ... Roots blower and EFI with DIS -- Megasquirt or SDS.

cheers
          Ed N.
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

gathering parts and funds for 82 trans am to run at maxton.Looks like the work will start in may

Comment

Still jeeping it. Doing a complete cooling system overhaul this week. I hope this means better heat in my dd.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
                86 Elkymino , Last modifacation was a 6 gal plastic gas jug in the bed .Looking for a cheep used one but all that I pull are rusted !
                Making some header muffs out of non-header turbos . Cherry Bombs

Comment

Today I got to work on the Suburban....wife called, said something about awful screeching sound, smoke, etc.

Bearing in the alternator went out, broke the belt....dang "late models"! it's an 87, the alternator was $100. Maybe I'll swap a 10-SI into it one of these days.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Jim you should have converted it to one of the zooty late model Chrysler alternators with an f'ing clutch on the pulley.

I can tell you about ALL of their virtues...argh.

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

uh, yeah! right.

I'm surprised the original alternator in her Silverado is still working fine, it has 182,000 miles on it.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The Old Kia spECTrA LSR (Rice Bomb) is still in the works. Started to make the Rear Spoiler for it this past weekend.
                        It is moving to the G/FALT Class this year. Now I just need to get it to the Track...

Comment

67 Coronet Pump Gas Car,, got the roll cage certified to 8.50, trying to figure out how to shoehorn a back seat in for all the Chevy and Ford guys that cry about it not being a "street car", even though it weighs 3850 lbs.

Comment

Well, I'd like to be working on my Sportwagon. Mostly body, paint & interior then hei, front discs, new carb and 200 R4 should do it.

Will be working on the Skylark. Motor has to come out. Probably cam bearings so I'll be swapping to a better cam and decking the block to get the compression up while I'm there. I'd also like to finally get a non-ripped front seat in it. Was going to do a 200 R4 for it this year but the $ is going to the motor instead. Who knows, maybe I'll learn to do the trans myself.

Right now I'm working on the dining room and the wife's Passat. Uugh!

Comment

Hi !
                              Here`s some of the stuff my 557 Hemi`s got.

Kieth Black block 4.375" bore - Barton tweeked
                              JE Custom pistons 11.1 : 1 built for a 200 shot (maybe some day )
                              Bryant 4.625" stroke crank w/2.200" Journals
                              RBRE Race Hemi rods (Oliver) 6.86"
                              RBRE 896 Series tool steel tapered pins 1.031" x 2.750"
                              ATI Damper
                              RBRE 896 Series billet oil pump
                              Milodon dual line swing P/U
                              Charlies Pan
                              Mopar Perf heads - Barton tweeked O ringed.
                              RBRE 896 series S/S 2.250" Int.
                              RBRE 896 series S/S 1.940" Exh.
                              Comp Cams 1.540" Double springs w/ damper 450# @ 1250
                              Comp Cams 10 Deg. retainers w/ Manley cups
                              Bullet Racing Cams Int. [email protected]" / Exh. [email protected] - .754"Int / .722"Exh.
                              Comp Cams Roller lifters
                              RBRE 2000 Rocker system w/ oiling updates
                              IRC 3/8" pushrods
                              RBRE Single plane Intake
                              Gary Williams 1050 full race 1150 CFM w/annular boosters and reworked fuel circuits.
                              Hooker A-Body Hemi 2 1/4" x 4" headers

The car is 2750 with me in it, has a light weight front half and has been back halfed with ladder bars and a floating 44" Dana 60 w/4.10 Stange gears, spool and axles and driveshaft w/ 1350 u-joints. I run 14.5/32/15 Goodyears for rubber. The car has Wilwood discs all around , 12 point mild steel cage . The front end including the bumper is glass , the doors and deck lid also . The trans is a J.W. Perf. Glide ' with Ultra bell adapter , The Wheel flywheel , J.W. transbrake , and 4600 stall 9" converter. I`m using a Hurst Quarter Stick with pistol grip shifter also Hurst Linelock.
                              How fast will she go ? Not done buildin' er' yet !!! It was dyno`d at Bartons at 874 hp @ 6800 and 750 ft/lbs @5350 ....in a 2750# car , do the math !
                              CAN`T WAIT !!!!!!!!
                              Chryco Wink

Trying out the new digital cam, on what better subject ?

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=9rG0doYzstE Dyno Pulls @ RBRE w/ David Barton

Comment

COOOL.Those Mopars in the vidios make me long for 1976,when they were cheap.
                                terry

Comment

Working...
                                X