• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Brian

Any chance we'll ever see that episode of Barstormin when you went here:

Re: Hey Brian

Unfortunately....I think there is zero.

That place is beyond words. Andy, he'd let you in to check the place out. Especially if you wanted to buy something...like one of his 14 409s. HA!

I told you about the gate story...just don't make any fasle moves when you are waiting for him to let you in.

Brian

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

After reading the story attached to the craiglist link, I had to laugh, they make it sound like everybody and their brother should head on over, all are welcome, bring the family and a picnic basket, make a day of it. Like it's friggin' amusement park or something.

Well, I guess you just have to go back and start over. ;D

Comment

Most amusement parks don't have a scoped rifle aimed toward the entry gate! :o

Emotionally, I'm not sure I could make myself go back. It's pretty sad seeing that stuff just rot into dust.

Reb would drop to his knees at the sight of his Impala pile. He's got BB Caprices and Impalas in there as well, quietly returning to their elements. Hell, one of the cars I stuck my head in, opened the glove box, and out fell the ORIGINAL dealer packet with the Protect-o-plate!

Honestly Andy of all people YOU need to go because of your ability to see and find stuff. Plus you are a local and he'd treat you right. Bruce is a nice guy, just a bit eccentric. He knows every car in there, (including a few 360 cop spec Dips Remy) and every story behind them.

I stand firmly behind my statement that 1.6 million bucks is a BARGAIN for that place and all the parts.

Brian

Comment

Guess I'll have to go with S.D. and bring my little digital camera.

Comment

I'm sure if we go you'll find somthing you can't live without :o ;D :D
            Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Dude....wear a helmet. His head is going to explode.

Brian

Comment

I can just imagine the Ideas running threw his head thinking about what he could find up there.

Comment

Dozens of 409's
                  Several L88 427's

A room with 1,000 driveshafts in it.

Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelles, Novas, Buicks, Checkers, Oldsmobiles, Pontiacs, Mopars a-plenty.

The basement of his house has probably 400-500 sets of cylinder heads in it.

Still in the box lightning rod shifters

Hundreds of Hurts shifters

If you want it...he has it.

Brian

Comment

Yeah...chances are zero. Apologies to all involved.

That place would have really been a deal when the scrap values were still high.

Comment

there is no such thing in a carjunkies vocabulary as scrap!EVERYTHING always needs to be saved no matter if can be used or not ;D ;D ;D

Comment

I will never understand guys like this.
                        My exe's dad was sort of like this but to a much lesser extent.

He had a dozen or so cool old grain trucks, REO's, Macks, IH's from the 50's through 70's, he couldn't get what he wanted for them when it was time to sell, so, he just kept them, rotting into his farm field lot, he had I think 4 59 elkys, and probably every sedan the family ever drove - mostly late 70s through early 90's GMs, just sitting there, rotting, 'cause he couldn't get what he wanted for them when it was time to sell them.

I just don't get it.

What the real shame is- what happens to this place when this guy passes on? Do his kids have any idea what he has or what it's worth? It's going to be auctioned off some day.... and he likely won't see that day.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

He's got this building that's about to collapse with a couple piles of motors in it, several hundred different body panels...then there's the 24 school busses packed with all kinds of shit. One is filled with a couple hundred 4-speeds...others have motors, parts, carbs, intakes, yadda, yadda.

One bus has a 70 Nova and a flat fender Jeep sitting ON TOP of it.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                            What the real shame is- what happens to this place when this guy passes on? Do his kids have any idea what he has or what it's worth? It's going to be auctioned off some day.... and he likely won't see that day.
                            Here's the sad part of the story. His "collection" of stuff pretty well cost him his family. His wife left and he has little to no contact with his sons. I'm sure they have "interest" in the place in the form of $$$$$ but they certainly don't appear to have anty appreciation for what's there.

If he dies before he sells this thing, I guarantee ALL of it will be crushed or smelted.

Brian

Comment

I was witness to a similar situation in the Catskills of NY. There was a huge yard there, never intended to be a junkyard, all the cars were purchased as runners or nice projects. They never got finished, and the guy died with hundreds of cars in his yard, mostly 30's-early '60s. He had an 1919 Chevy in the corner of his living room, an Auburn Speedster body on a rotisserie in front of that, and he a had a full machine shop in a large room off of his bedroom. His kids didn't care about him or the stuff, but when it came time to get rid of it all, they cashed in. It took a year and a half to clean out the place. When I was there, there was guys buying all the tri-five convertibles.

I have video of this yard, have to convert to stills someday and post it, it's about 1/2 hour long.

I'd end up the same way, but you just can't amass that sort of collection these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X