No announcement yet.

Kollofski's 55 Chevy (1977 HRM feature)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kollofski's 55 Chevy (1977 HRM feature)

Someone on the HAMB asked about what happened to Kollofski's 55 Chevy...in case you don't remember back to 1977, it was a wild black 55 with a blown 427, tube axle, huge meats tucked under the fenders, immaculately detailed. And the guy who owns the car, and also Kollofski (who sold it soon after the feature) himself have replied on the thread.

Pretty wild.

I tried the HAMB search with no results. While thumbing thru some pages of favorite hot rods in a seperate folder I saw it today and wondered...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Re: Kollofski's 55 Chevy (1977 HRM feature)

thats cool. i still have the magazine. (i got a few of my dads old mags. i was a kid at the time). when i was 6 my dad had a black 55 210 post. i sat beside him and shifted the gears (4 speed) sometimes. that was also back in the late 70s.

Comment

It's one of the earliest mag car I remember. Although, they have brought it back a few times over the years with their Most Influential and Ground Breaking car stuff. It's the first true Pro Street I remember seeing and still one of the few I actually liked. Even though it had been tubbed, I love that it still had the 70's ass high stance.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

THAT 55 could have been from Mars or jupiter when i was 13 ;D.Remember that the most hot rodded car we got here in town then,was a original 72 Pontiac Grand prix.

And soo cool that Kolovski turned up in the thread.He should have had a white Challenger with that name,but i guess he have heard it a lot of times.

The 55 in its original style,would look good todau too.Its the show car pro streets that i kinda dont like.A pro street car with the rough look from a track has charm..

Comment

I remember that car and the Godzilla '55 very well! I used to absolutely study my Dad's old car mags,and I loved the Kollofski '55.

Comment

One bitchin' car, and the fact that Gray was the scribe made it that much better.....man had a way of making you feel like a part of the story.

Comment

Interesting turn of events, Kollofski talked to the current owner of the car....it would be neat if he could buy it back....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That's pretty awesome!

Comment

Working...
                X