Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intersting GM video

GM video

That was inspiring to me. I do wish GM the best of luck but unfortunately they don't seem to be 'taking the bull by the horns'.

They just sit still or try to follow the trends. As the video urges they need to set the trend and anticipate the next trend so they could act on it.

I think their biggest problem became their inability to innovate. I don't know if it was because of the bean counters or the general lack of genuine 'car people' in positions of power.

Sad state of affairs over their. I hope they can get 'right'.
    Rich

sigpic

Re: Intersting GM video

if GM goes down , where will all the others steal their ideas from !!!?????

Comment

Toyota ;D.

Comment

I say let the auto manufacturers sink. Then the government will take over and we'll be paying $3000 for a car again.

All these car companies got greedy, and now their paying the price. I say let them pay.

And there's 300 million people in the United States, so what if 3 million people lose their jobs, it's only 1% of the population. And I'm sure they'll find another job somewhere. Hell I know people that are working 2 and 3 jobs you can't say work isn't out there.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
          I say let the auto manufacturers sink. ...................All these car companies got greedy, and now their paying the price. I say let them pay.............And there's 300 million people in the United States, so what if 3 million people lose their jobs, it's only 1% of the population. And I'm sure they'll find another job somewhere. ...........
          Ouch. I hope I don't become one of those 3 million people !
          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Don't get me wrong I do feel for the little guy employee's, you know the guys making under $150,000 a year. Their definitely going to get F'd for the dealings of the people at the top. But for the top brass, I'd love to see them living in a box in some back alley in Detroit wondering what the hell happened.

And as for the car companies, they'll always be here, it's just a matter of who's going to end up owning them.

And just to Hi-jack for a second, did you guys hear that Bush pardoned basically everyone that was convicted in the Keating Savings and Loan scandal back in the late '80's....... Man I hate that guy...... Ok done venting. End Hi-jack.

Comment

Texas T,

That was a great video, as you say, very inspiring.

GM seems to be getting back in the game as far as product goes. I hope it is not too late financially.

Tubbed Camaro, if you think that 1% of the population becoming unemployed is not a big deal, just think of the spinoff jobs that will also be lost. As well the loss of income and the spending money taken out of the system would be devastating.

Michigan and Ontario are already feeling the squeeze. I hope this is just a bump in the economy and it does not restructure the world as we know it.

Comment

That was an awesome video! I hope GM really does take it to heart. They've come up with some very good products in the last few years so maybe they are.

I don't think that losing any of the Big 3 will be good at all. You can talk about how much you dislike a certain brand all you want,but any of them closing up shop would be a blow to this country.

Comment

Working...
                X