Gardening the Gearhead way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardening the Gearhead way

When it comes to gardening around the house, it's usually an axe or saw that I use.. Very little TLC gets shown around here..

Although, sometimes when I'm cutting down the vegetation, I need a little extra help from above.. :P

Stump, meet my engine crane..

Wrap a chain around and pull up with a decent amount of lift..

From lifting my complete BBC, I'd say I pulled up with at least that amount.. 600lbs, easy! In fact, I reckon closer to 8-900lbs actually..

A few hits with a sledge hammer to losen it up, then more lift, a few more hits and out it comes..

Done.. So easy and much more fun! :D

Re: Gardening the Gearhead way

Like your toolset...! Are these your carburator-tools? ;D
    I like it how the cat has a frontrow-'seat', waiting for something to go wrong I guess... lol
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

The car looks worried.
      And thanks for the tip on stump removal... was thinking dynamite; however, should I get it wrong the stumps would go through the deck.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Hmmm. I'll have to remember that next time I need to remove a stump. I usually just wrap a chain around the stump and pull it out with my truck. But that's good thinking there Steve.

And another helpful hint, when it comes time to crushing all those bags of aluminum cans that you have stacking up, take them and line them up in the drive and take your car/truck and run them over. It sure beats the hell out of using your foot. ;)

Comment

I have two stumps that just may meet that fate! Thanks Steve for the tip.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

When a post (w/ concrete) wouldn't come out of the ground using an engine hoist I took the hyd. jack out of the lift and used it directly for more force. I set the bottom against 4x4 wood blocks and chained the ram to the post. It had to be repositioned a couple times but did the job. Guessing that I was getting about 5 tons lift there.

Comment

I've used my engine hoist to pull out railroad tie fence posts...but now I use my bulldozer, it's so much better for that kind of thing.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Steve,what kind of car is that in your driveway? Is that an Opel Senator (Cadillac Catera here).

Comment

It's a 2000 GM Holden Statesman.
                  This one has the supercharged Buick 3.8 liter V6.

Are the Opel and Cadillac rear drives?
                  This is..

Comment

Working...
                  X