Man, I need some GOOD news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Man, I need some GOOD news

after 3 years on the market on various boards and at every car event I could make in Socal, my Buick got several offers in the space of two weeks-IN THIS ECONOMY, NO LESS!! sold it last night to t local guy, so I still get to see it on occasion and I can get on to my Blue Oval project. I AM AMAZED............. it will get better, the advice to play with the kids is spot on!
    67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
    05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

DF - you may not realize it, or you may tire of hearing it, but you are a hero to many of us. We have lived vicariously through you for years. You've had some amazing experiences in your life that many of us can only dream about.

This race is far from over. You're in a tough troubleshooting spot right now and it's hard to figure out why the machine won't work right, but you'll figure it out, You always do.

You're healthy, your wife and child are healthy, you live in the greatest country on the planet, you have skills and talent a plenty - it will work out.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It's something left over from my younger days that I like to remind myself that I didn't have a big-old car wreck this week, or didn't get arrested... 8)

After dropping my daughter at school this morning I saw a dude's Toyota truck stopped at an intersection...with a child's bicycle crushed under the left front tire. It would've happened about a minute prior and an aprrox. 7-year-old girl was being helped to the curb by a passerby. 'Least she wasn't killed...but right there was a group of people having a very bad day. Whatever that guy thought his big hurry was, it didn't matter anymore at that point. So it's a happy thing that -I- have just another crap day to wade through.

Comment

OK.

YOU live in cali

YOU own 30+ cars

YOU are healthy

YOU are DF and know tons of people in the industy.get a ticket and go to PRI !!!shake some hands & kiss some babies.

alan
          "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Originally posted by nosnerd
            OK.

YOU live in cali

YOU own 30+ cars

YOU are healthy

YOU are DF and know tons of people in the industy.get a ticket and go to PRI !!!shake some hands & kiss some babies.

alan
            You mean the second two things are happy, right?... ;D

Comment

its all good.. ;D

ok..i would love to spend a month there :D ;D

al

Comment

It's easy to get overwhelmed by bad stuff, just try to keep focus on the positive things that make you feel content. The important things - others mentioned family, and that's a big thing. Keep your mind active thinking of how to go in a positive direction - that's important, and it really works! Do I sound like an infomercial yet?

Comment

Man if this thread gets any sappier, someone's going to have to break out the nitromethane scented tissue! ;) ;D

Comment

"call now within the next ten minutes and...' ;D :D ;D :

Comment

Originally posted by nosnerd
                      OK.
                      YOU live in cali
                      YOU own 30+ cars
                      YOU are healthy
                      alan
                      + you have a little frei

+ about 3000 people you've never met following around from url to url

I think everyone's attitude is helping things spiral down faster. Like badlanguage said, don't loose focus on the positive things, which you guys got lots of.
                      Tampa, FL

Comment

My wife is pregnant.
                        ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

NICE!

Congrats!

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                            Only if it's metal you bought from me!
                            'fraid not Dave.
                            Not enough " \ fins / " on the cars you had/have for sale. I did dig the Buick wagon though!

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I just thought of the best cheer-up...

all 117 pages of the girls posing with cars thread!

UPS girl......

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY
                                I work with a fellow who seems to have a positive outlook on a daily basis....

He should. In the late 60's, in a land far away, he was part of a whole company that was pinned on a hilltop.

Seems he was the only one to come back from that hill on the outside of a bag. Its a lot for him to handle, and you have to be in real tight with him to even learn this much.

But in his words, when asked how he's doing today, he just smiles big and says "I woke up today, and had my coffee, what more could I want?

Keep me in check when I think I'm having a crappy one.........
                                Truer words were never spoken...nothing re-organizes your priorities faster than a loud "thump" 27ft. from your person followed by a shockwave and a lot of falling dirt.

Besides..you've pretty much become the Moses of the skinned-knuckle crowd, except you're leading us from the desert, not through it... :D

badlanguage: I was just about to say that, too...
                                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                                X