Man, I need some GOOD news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Man, I need some GOOD news

My good news: The racecar fab work is almost all done, and will be by my deadline of 12/20, then end of the semester. That means powder coating over break and spring testing. Oh, and on the glass, it was simply engineered to be twice the size it needs to be.
    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

My good news! ;D

I get paid again next week! woo! start my 3rd job, ordering 800 bucks of mustang parts, courtasy my insurance. Im passing this semster again, only have one paper left...not a bad week.

and My secret parts ordering is a success! I have mustang parts at 4 houses so my mom doesnt find out. unfortunately my garage is now useless, but its still awesome! too bad some of those parts Ive had for years and have yet to install.
      Local person
      sigpic

Comment

Good news....good news...hmm...well, during the 2mi PT test run, I puked on the "You can do eet!" guy cheering at the finish line...
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I have some good news to share...

Normally, this time of year is a bit slow for us here at work (in Topeka, not Santa Ana) and we usually have to cut back on everyone's hours (the boss is nice and doesn't cut our benefits along with our hours) through the holidays. This year, we got a HUGE purchase order from our main customer and not only have we been working a full 40 hours, but some of the guys in the shop are actually pulling some overtime trying to get this project done before the Christmas break. I realize this doesn't affect all of you directly, but for my co-workers and my family, this is good news.

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Sunny and 44% here and i just picked up [2] 30 packs of beer [good night]

Comment

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is tonight.
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Well, sunny and dry 7C today. May get the mustang out again.

About to order lots of small stuff for my truck (pilot bushing, flywheel and PP hardware, oil filter relocation, deciding on an E-fan...), which means I already have all the large stuff! That's good news!

As of 12:12 Eastern, seperatists have not taken over my country, so all is well!
                1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                1997 Mustang GT
                sigpic

Comment

My good news, all of my wifes friends and family are safe after everything that went on in India last week. She was glued to my wireless internet the entire Thanksgiving weekend looking for names and things.
                  Central TEXAS Sleeper
                  USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Caveman wins. 'course she texted me the same thing.... KIDDING!!!!!!

Comment

I just went and got my lunch, and rediscovered the joy of hitting the intersection on 96th and L street in Omaha Nebraska at 60 mph and being able to launch my 1979 F150 4x4 in the air with all 4 tires off the ground. Only thing that sucked was no seat belt on and damn the inside of a 1979 F150 is not padded. ;D
                      Andrew
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                        I just went and got my lunch, and rediscovered the joy of hitting the intersection on 96th and L street in Omaha Nebraska at 60 mph and being able to launch my 1979 F150 4x4 in the air with all 4 tires off the ground. Only thing that sucked was no seat belt on and damn the inside of a 1979 F150 is not padded. ;D
                        What's worse is when this happens and you are wearing a ball cap and the button on top of the cap creates a depression in your dome as you slam into the roof of your F150....

OUCH!
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Good news?

The UAW has agreed to suspend the jobs bank and appears ready to start acting like they are in an actual crisis that threatens their survival.

That is VERY good news in my opinion.

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                            Only thing that sucked was no seat belt on and damn the inside of a 1979 F150 is not padded.
                            Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
                            What's worse is when this happens and you are wearing a ball cap and the button on top of the cap creates a depression in your dome as you slam into the roof of your F150....
                            OUCH!
                            This is a GOOD news forum guy's !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                              The UAW has agreed to suspend the jobs bank and appears ready to start acting like they are in an actual crisis that threatens their survival.
                              The good news will be when UAW files Chapter 11 !!!

;)

Comment

Oh yeah, one more piece of good news.

Those asshole Somalian pirates tried to hijack a cruise ship the other day and the captain, rather than doing the French salute (think a person raising their hands over their head in a surrendering motion), put the hammer down and OUT RAN the sumsabitches. They also blasted them with this neato concentrated audiowave device to keep them at bay.

This is a 600 foot long ship.

One thing that's amiss for me though. Everything I have read about the ship says that it'll go 18 knots, I'm thinking it can move out better than that to keep the pirates, in their little speedy boats at bay.

The mammoth ship is powered by 4 Wartsila 12V32 engines rated at 6,000hp...a piece.

I hate Somalian pirates.

Brian
                                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                                X