Comment

• Re: Man, I need some GOOD news

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
        Monk, educate us on those there boats!

Brian
        Here's some specs I pulled off the net
        This photo of the more typical boat which is a MKII
        The boat used in the movie Apocalypse Now was an MKII

'The Mark II version, 32 feet long and one foot wider beam, had improved drives to reduce fouling, and aluminum gunwales to resist wear. They were powered by dual 220 hp (164 kW) Detroit Diesel engines with Jacuzzi Brothers water jet drives.
        The boats reached top speeds of 28.5 knots (53 km/h). The boat was typically armed with twin .50 caliber (12.7 mm) machine guns (the forward '50s), an M60 7.62 mm machine gun, a Mark 18 grenade launcher, and sometimes a 20 mm cannon. The machine gunners and conning tower were protected with ceramic armor'

'The PBR (or Pibber) was a modified civilian design built by Modutec. Sporting a fiberglass body and hull with twin diesel engines, the PBR offered almost no protection from enemy rounds but was extremely fast and manueverable (It could change course by doing a 180 within the distance of its own length). In addition, the PBR was nearly impossible to sink as the empty spaces in the body were filled with foam and kept the boat afloat in case of leaks or holes caused be enemy rounds or fragments from explosives. Using Jacuzzi waterjets instead of propellers, the PBR's could operate in as little as 18 inches of water. '

I was stationed with some buddies back in the 60's who pulled a tour of duty on these.........they always had some good stories to tell.
        We often referred to them as 'The Brown Water Navy'

Now back to the good news ;D

Comment

Those two bits of news - that TVs are selling, and people are refinancing - underline something; that the news media has so overblown this situation that the only reasonable response is to stop listening to them.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've got some (good to me anyways!)

Brought home a "new" texas frame for the '67 C30-into-a-C10 project.

;D

I love it when a plan comes together!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

nice 4 eye. not that 85/86 year matters, since the engines gone! going to carb or FI?
              Local person
              sigpic

Comment

He's gone Cadillac... :o

Comment

Das' wight wabbit...

http://www.freiburgersjunkyard.com/f...5899#msg145899

I just realized that I just subjected youenes to my dog taking a dooger in this picture. Sorry for the party foul!

Originally posted by STINEY
                  (if that don't make you grin nothin' will)

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

how long did you wait to catch him at the right time??

Heres some good news for DF, I'ts not snowy / icey in your part of cali!!

Comment

[quote=dieselgeek ]
                      OK, some are sharing personal good news. This is something I am looking forward to: I haven't had my drums out of their cases in over a year. My wife, already an excellent pianist and violinist, has been taking guitar lessons (from 2 instructors) for the past year. She learns fast. The good news is, we're both playing in the backing band at a gig this weekend... we're backing a guy named George Walker, he's a guitarist who has recorded with Lou Rawls, Barry White, and toured in a bunch of cool bands. These days he's retired, teaches at the local colleges, and gigs at various places around town.

So it'll be nice to be making a little music again.
                      damn cool
                      terry

Comment

My good news is I just tossed some money into the economy... trying my part to help out. Just bought a new 800cfm DP. Tired of futzing with the one I have. Maybe it's my questionable skills; yet, it seems you can rebuild a carb only so many times.

Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

We got Christmas Bonus checks at our Christmas party last night. 8) Gas cash for the Power Tour 09! ;D

That was amazing for how slow the economy has went the past couple of months.

Comment

I managed to pull off the "Salon" emblems off the Fury's interior panels, what has been considered Mission Impossible. I have a buyer ready to pay for 'em. Cost of emblems offsets cost of car, so I'm happy. If I'm lucky, I'll sell enough parts to pay for it. ;D
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                              A small local tidbit of good news for some people....tomorrow as president of our car club, I get to hand out $5k to some local charities, proceeds from our car show.
                              from today's paper....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                              X