Ever get like this? rant thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ever get like this? rant thread.

I have found that, when I am standing there and almost every ounce of my body wants to just sit and stare at the truck, if I force myself to get in there, crawl under it and get dirty or whatever, I feel better about myself and the project.

Like when it split the cylinder wall.... I really wanted to bag it and forget about it, but I MADE myself start unbolting one thing at a time. Headers....wiring... fuel lines... bell housing bolts... motor mounts... before I knew it, the motor was out and it hanging on the engine stand waiting to be disassembled.

Maybe it is my competitive spirit. lol I just can't let the machine win! ;D
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

well, glad to see it's not just me either. for a while there the Vega was fighting me over every little thing. something that should have taken a couple of hours would take all day, then suddenly things started to come together and I made some real progress. unfortunately I won't get to it until after Christmas now, but it's definitely close now ;D
      "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

The internet does not help me sometimes. I can sit down in front of the computer and get lost for hours. When I was a kid,I never dreamed there would be this much info right at your fingertips for a reasonable monthly fee.

Comment

With my schedule I get that way very quickly. I do like Keith said, one little project at a time. It got the carb changed on the Elco and a desperately needed interior detailing on both the Elco and my DD S-10. Now the Elco is parked for the winter in a spot where I cant work on it, so I have time to relax and collect parts for the little things that will add up to getting it closer to ready for full restoration. I fought hard for years to have something nice and I will not let it kill me with little problems. Keep at it and you will win.
          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
            I get that way at times... what I try and do is set a really small goal... like... Paint an inner fender or the Valve covers or something like that... do one brake caliper... so on or so forth... Dont' set stupid goals... just real small ones...

it just makes you feel good to do something small really well... then move on... enough of those and the car is DONE...

K
            I have been doing that a lot lately.....last night I only put the front trim on the car.....makes it easier when your goals are not set so high. Just relax and enjoy it......

PS....Buy a heater. I did and it makes a WORLD of difference. Being cold sucks.

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Its almost funny,but the old saying about a boat can sometimes apply to a car project.You know the one(The happiest two days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it) LOL
              Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Thanks guys...I think more than anything, I snapped when i was trying to fit 15" rims over my crown vic police brakes...I can run stock, but I figure I went through the hassle of making parts work {and work well} so I'm being stubborn and sticking to my guns.
                I've determined I may end up biting the bullet, and just getting some of my 16" steelies widened so I still keep my steelies and can run a 295/50/16 tire out back.

I had to remind myself a very basic priciple in my life: worry about what I can control in my life, and just roll with the stuff I can't...then alot less chance of being a stress puppy!

I dug my forced air heater...stupid propane tank is empty...lol...so this weekend, gonna fill the tank, and see about tearing into the engine.

As far the PT deal...dude, I was pushing to get my car done for PT 2008, and got let go in feb. Talk about a donkey punch! Although, oddly enough, that time off allowed me to fire head long into long overdue bodywork and get my Torino alot closer to being done.
                Things have worked out ok for me and the wife...last two years have been brutal emotionally, and money wise, but hell, I get up and keep rolling so it ain't all bad.

Andrew
                1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

why the serpentine belt drive ?
                  keep it simple

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    why the serpentine belt drive ?
                    keep it simple
                    Serpentine drive makes it simple.

Comment

Oh yeah.....got so disgusted I let my car sit for almost 2 years.

damn near yanked the engine and junked the rest due to being discouraged due to "life"......glad I snapped out of it.

Not having a garage makes it that much worse.....but hell.

Nothing good comes easy, but it's satisfying to see something through......busted knuckles, foul oaths and all.

Comment

Working...
                      X