Some people should not touch cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people should not touch cars.

I just finished a 07 s/c saleen today. It was towed in with the engine completely dissaassmbled, trans and exhaust removed,and engine harness removed. Some ASS, ventilated it on a chassis dyno. Broke 1 rod shattered 2 pistons put a hole through the windage tray and oil pan. then they broke the starter trying to re start it. I wonder how much of a bone job i will get on the flat rate on this.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Re: Some people should not touch cars.

What all did you do to fix/reassemble it?
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

first I M-F it alot, Then I dissembled the supercharger and changed the lube in it and clean all the debris from the intercooler. sat a short block in it that I went over the heads on replaced a few valves. Then put in the trans and then the wiring harness and last the supercharger. then I got to remove the trans again because of a broken clutch hose fitting. and then I didn't even get to drive it ( beat it) the svc mgr drove it home! M- F M-F M-F

Now Im waiting to see what the flat rate is on this mess, Ill try to take some pics of the carnage.

So you chassis dyno operators, how many have you scattered on the rollers , and what happened. I found out that they swapped the blower pulley and used a hand help programmer on it. i figured it detonated and broke cyl five piston, the broke the small end of the rod , which went through the windage tray. also found cyl 1 piston cracked . they said it happened on "coast down".
      This is the 4th mustand that I had to fix after coming off a dyno . Doug
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
        first I M-F it alot, Then I dissembled the supercharger and changed the lube in it and clean all the debris from the intercooler. sat a short block in it that I went over the heads on replaced a few valves. Then put in the trans and then the wiring harness and last the supercharger. then I got to remove the trans again because of a broken clutch hose fitting. and then I didn't even get to drive it ( beat it) the svc mgr drove it home! M- F M-F M-F

Now Im waiting to see what the flat rate is on this mess, Ill try to take some pics of the carnage.

So you chassis dyno operators, how many have you scattered on the rollers , and what happened. I found out that they swapped the blower pulley and used a hand help programmer on it. i figured it detonated and broke cyl five piston, the broke the small end of the rod , which went through the windage tray. also found cyl 1 piston cracked . they said it happened on "coast down".
        This is the 4th mustand that I had to fix after coming off a dyno . Doug
        In probably 500+ dyno sessions, I've had one actually "come apart" like that, the owner was trying to break records on stock parts. Instead he broke stock parts and set records for connecting rods sticking in the walls of the shop 40' away...

But I make sure I listen VERY carefully for knock, and I always make sure I start on the "safe" side of ignition timing (way retarded) and AFR (way rich) and ease my way into it from there. It's pretty easy to tell if the tuning was the problem (your case), or something else... the big inch, big power domestic v8 guys usually have valvetrain problems so I try to make sure they're hitting evenly on all cylinders - the drop-of-water-on-the-header trick, or an IR temp gun, works great. I make sure that someone who is better than me at reading spark plugs, is on hand to look at things between pulls.

Sounds like this one was being worked on by a noob. It's sad, but a TON of "great tuners" out there - aren't so intuitive.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Scott, thanks for stopping in, I forgot that the bank 2 cat was blue and nothing but charred debris left.
          and tonight Im going to our clubs annual dyno night. tonight it is at a brand newshop with a brand new mustang dyno. I'm only going as a spectator. and that was a great line "a TON of "great tuners" out there - aren't so intuitive. "
          Doug
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.

Comment

Working...
          X