Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else has gone through break ins?

how many of you guys have gone through this-

You wake up early to the sound of a phone/glass breaking. the news? your baby is outside with busted out windows, all because a couple dumbasses decided you had nice things in there.

who else has had their car broken into?

Mine got done a couple weeks back, still missing 2 windows. And i have to take apart the interior to replace a door panel and get all the damn safety glass. all for what? my cell phone charger! with finals and term papers, this was the last thing i needed. and the whole reason I didnt want to bring my car here: It looks too nice and some dumbass will key it or something.
    Local person
    sigpic

Re: Who else has gone through break ins?

So far, so good, with my vehicles.

But in September, I had most of my music gear stolen from a club. (not my guitars, and not my actual amplifier, but everything else)

I'm still crawling out from under that one. About $2500 worth.
    The stuff was in storage overnight, due to scheduling. My bad.

And, yes, I have the two punks walking away on video!

It always suck, no matter how large/small the loss.
    1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
    1997 Mustang GT
    sigpic

Comment

Ya people suck, but trust me at one point in your life you'll catch one of these MF's and then you can have your revenge. ;)

We get these scum bags every once and a while that try to break into our laundry machines. One night I caught one of the guys, he had the door closed, so I walked up to the door and kicked it open as hard as I could, which in tale hit the dude and knocked him on his ass. I started yelling at him and asking him what he was doing and told him I don't like theives. He grabbed his stuff and started walking away from me and up the street, which really didn't work for him because I fallowed him yell that he was a theif and that I just busted him breaking into my laundry machines. Needless to say I haven't seen that guy since. Even though the next guy I find doing something like that, the cops will be picking his knocked out ass off of the street.

Comment

forgot to say- they did catch the two guys doing it. they hit 2 other cars besides mine. but the local PD wouldnt let me in the same room as them. >
        Local person
        sigpic

Comment

I've been lucky so far....although I did have the gas and my gas cap stolen from my truck parked at the grocery store in the early 80s. I guess I've gotten off light.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I have to wait until the statute of limitations expires before I can brag about what happened to the meth head that stole my truck.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

My Caprice was broken into and a bunch of stuff stolen out of it while I was working on the movie "Running With Scissors". I got the call about the job and they were desperate for some cars for a 70's movie. I wasn't interested. Then the casting director called me back and said he'd give SAG vouchers ($269/ 8 hr day vs. $60/ 8 hr) for working the three days and bump up the car usage to $150 on top of that. I needed the money so I said yes. Also, it would give me the three SAG vouchers needed to join the union which is getting harder and harder to get.

On the last day of the shoot; they had us parked in one of the garages on USC's campus along with cast and crew vehicles. When I was told I was finished for the day and to get out of my wardrobe to check out I left the car in the garage for about 45 minutes. This was about 8 pm. When I got back the passenger window was shattered and the two bags I had in car were on the ground and everything that was in them was thrown everywhere. Also, my stereo was stolen, digital camera and some other crap.

When I got up to go report it to USC's police, I ran into two crew men from the movies whose cars were also broken into. We went together to report the break-in's. An hour later campus police had caught two out of three kids trying to break into another car in another garage. One was 8 and the other was 11. The one that got away was about 14 and had all of our stuff. I then had to spend two more hours filling out reports with the location manager of the film company. By the time I left for home it was 2 am. This is when I found out they had pulled the three security guards in the garage because they thought the hair/make-up was in bigger danger. OK.

I got the Production Managers cell phone number from some one in his office and called him about the damages. He spent more time grilling me for who gave me his number. I finally got mad and told that is irrevelent. What was, was the fact he had no security in cast/crew parking and three cars belonging to people working on his set were broken into and vandalized. He basically told me to piss off.

I then realized I was a SAG member for the day I worked. So I called them and filed a report. They went after the production company and forced them to pay for everything that broken and stolen with the threat of not allowing any SAG member to ever work on any of their productions again. They paid up after four months of crying and negotiating. F***ing Sony Pictures for you.

This is why I believe SAG is the only union that is still needed. Without them, I would've have to pay for everything on my car. Also, without them many of my friends would've never been paid for work they did.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder
                forgot to say- they did catch the two guys doing it. they hit 2 other cars besides mine. but the local PD wouldnt let me in the same room as them. >

I see you have NY plates on your Chevelle,what town did this happen in?

Comment

happened in cortland. Was actually the mustang, luckily. chevelles never making the trip to a college parking lot!
                  Local person
                  sigpic

Comment

Near Peekskill? Thats a suprise. For years we never worried about this kind of stuff now it comes to where we live as well.Im in Brewster and stuff happens here that never happened before too.

Comment

kicker is the guys werent from here- they were from new paltz
                      Local person
                      sigpic

Comment

Only in my daily drivers, and not for a long time now (touch wood).

I don't leave anything in the car, don't bother with a stereo, don't lock the doors and in the last ten years haven't owned anything newer than five years old.
                        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Never have. The closest I came to getting vandalized was one year at the Dream Cruise. When I came out of the hotel in the morning, the car next to me had been broken into. Mine was untouched.
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I wake pretty easily. Woke up Oct 13th, 2007 to three jerks trying to break into one of my cars that my sons use. Pulled on some shorts and ran downstairs and out the door. They took off running. I went for the slowest one and he went up on the yards across the street. Grass was wet and I had bare feet. At 50+ I shouldn't have been chasing three teenagers and fell on a rise in the ground. Now have $25000 worth of hardware in my left shoulder and put me a year behind on projects. Next time I'll take the gun!!

Comment

This is one of the reasons I moved out of Floriduh.
                              Scum bag kids slammed screwdrivers through both doors of about 30 cars in the neighborhoods off the busy street. Slam the screwdriver, pry around until you pop the lock bar up, open door.
                              They hit the cars two at a time, one on each door. I know this because they got my Dakota and couldn't open it but fubar'd both doors. Then they moved on to the Concord, but lifted the door handles just as the screwdrivers creased and scraped the door skins. Doors weren't locked, so they just opened, but still screwed up the sheetmetal.
                              Insurance company said it was two individual incidents, and I had to fork over a $500 deductible on each vehicle. We made less than $36,000 per year between us before taxes, with a kid, truck payment, mortgage etc. A grand out of your pocket after taxes so some asswipe kids could get a bunch of free CDs and a couple bucks out of people's cars.
                              Ask me what I think should be done to them...Too bad they were never caught.

Later, that truck was stolen. Had a bunch of one-off parts on it. Stripped, and totalled. several months later I found my parts rolling down I-4 in Orlando. Followed the guy to a gas station, talked to the cop buying a donut, and when it was all said and done, the Polk County Sheriff said that since the insurance company had settled with me, I was no longer the victim, and since he was too busy to pursue it, nothing was done to the guy.

Wish I could have gotten that guy's address...

-Brad

Comment

Working...
                              X