Yellow...I'm 100% with you.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Re: Antique Cars Destroyed In Garage Blaze

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
      Yellow...I'm 100% with you.

Brian
      Whew! I thought I was going to take a lot of heat for that one for sure... I guess I shouldn't speak so soon.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, it smarts to lose stuff, have to sell stuff, or have stuff stolen, but when you're able to look around and see the basic, foundation stuff of life that is really important, it helps get over it.

I would say in this case though, this man has lived a long life and much of it was spent with these cars so I think he's in a position that no one can really relate to. People joke about their hot rods being an extra member of the family. When you've owned them for 50-60 years (like he had a couple of them) it's probably true.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I have owned my Camaro since March 11, 1968. It is a family member.

Comment

I'm with yellowmalibu. When my '69 Firebird was wrecked by an unlicensed, uninsured guy who admitted to running a red light while my brother was borrowing the car, it was one of those moments where all I could do is sit back and say, "Well, I guess it's just a car and money" Wasn't easy for a starving college student :-\ That being said, I'll be pretty sad if I loose my Skylark now (being my first car), but that at least I know I can find another fairly cheap ;) But as Brian said, it's nearly impossible to put myself in that man's shoes because of the years in those cars and shop.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Hobbies are for fun. If a hobby controls me, its no longer fun.

Cars are just metal, cloth, and plastic. Its never advisable to give your soul to something that can be destroyed in a few moments.

For his sake, here's to hoping that the elderly gentleman fully recovers, and well.
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
              X