Matt King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt King

What ever happened to him? I understand he moved to the great white north, and now he's m.i.a. He oughta be on here

Re: Matt King

Originally posted by 2bbl318
    What ever happened to him? I understand he moved to the great white north, and now he's m.i.a. He oughta be on here
    You know for the life of me I can't see why anyone would want to live north of I40. ;) ;D

Comment

He is on here from time to time. I think under King Matt. He just posted yesterday in the blogs about his old 65 Biscayne.

I don't want to step on his toes, but yes he went up to Detroit. Kinda, being the factory rep guy for Car Craft/ Hot Rod, plus doing articles on road racing his Mustang. He's in slightly warmer climate of Wisconsin working for Harley Davidson. I have no idea what Matt does there. He'll have to chime in and tell me to shut because I got all this wrong.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Matt does work at Harley now. He has also been in a couple of our CJTV episodes surrounding the Lemons Fury. He drove the wheels off the car. Sort of in a good way. :P Just kidding Matt.

We talk to him fairly regularly, and he's still working on Mustangs. His racecar was getting some updates and repairs recently in preparation for 2009. If he chimes in, maybe he'll let us know what his racing plans are.
        "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

That would be cool.
          .I kinda got into the road race Mustang articles.
          Is this the same car?

Comment

H-D looking for bailout dollars too ?

Comment

Calm down, Spidey........

Wisconsin a slightly WARMER climate than Detoilet?

BWAHAHAHA!

Sweltering 18 degrees at Camp Douglas/Volk Field today......downright balmy 8 degrees at Elgin(I-90) at 5 AM this morn.

Yeah, I'm glad Matt is around here occasionally.....I dug what he did for the mags.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                You know for the life of me I can't see why anyone would want to live north of I40. ;) ;D

Winter is a good excuse to build the cars ;)
                Local person
                sigpic

Comment

I'd be packing so I could move somewhere south of I 40... LOL

Great comment TC...

Matt is the editor for several of the HD rags.... lots of Harley folks "Lub" him... but they are Harley folks... what do they know... LOL

K

Comment

Biker bitches rule ;D
                    Wish I had a HD

Comment

I just saw an article from him in a mag. Freelancing??

Comment

Originally posted by IndyShiftman
                        Biker bitches rule ;D
                        Wish I had a HD
                        I wish I could agree, but I think my wife might say something (like "Divorce!")

Comment

D-I-V-O-R-C-E.......great song by Tammy Wynett, but bad for the wallet.......and everything else that won't be yours any more. :o:P ;D

Does Matt do any work for Easyrider? That would be cool. 8)

Comment

I've been here since the beginning! I think I was one of the first 10 to sign up even. To answer a few questions, I moved to Milwaukee about 3 years ago to take a job in the PR department at Harley. My primary job is managing some company magazines for HD and Buell owners and HOG members. Bikes are like a shadow world to cars, although there is quite a bit of crossover. HD is doing OK considering the economy. It's not like the 20 years that preceded but we are nowhere close to being in the predicament of the Big 3 and I don't think we ever will be, because we were much closer to the brink of extinction in the early 80s and the company leadership that lived through that understands how not to let it happen again.

I have done a little freelance work, one article for Hot Rod a couple years ago on the Pure Stock drags and now a series on my new CMC Mustang for MMFF that just started running. Just trying to make a few extra bucks so I can afford to keep racing!

Comment

Question, if you can answer.

How many HD customers buy Harley because they are "biker dudes", vs. customers that buy HD because bikes are fun?
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X