No announcement yet.

Great gear head toy for little kiddos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great gear head toy for little kiddos!

I just scored this deal for my son (and me! HA!).
    It says it's age range is 3-7 years and most of us fit that mental range.

Anyway, we'll be staging the first ever X-Mas Nitro Nationals at our house this year. I got it off amazon.com for like 35 bucks. I should provide hours of fun!

Explore Fisher-Price nursery essentials and toys for newborns and babies at Mattel.com. Shop top registry picks, developmental toys, and more!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Great gear head toy for little kiddos!

one of the great parts of having kiddos, you get to buy toys for yourself, and them too!

Comment

Bugger all like that over here. :'(

What do you exactly get for your $30, two cars
      and the starting gate ?

Comment

Yeah you get the diggers and the starting line with an operational tree!

HA!

Brian

Comment

And I was looking at Scalextric today.
          You need room for those decent setups.

Comment

I'm not sure the grand daughters will be interested and the grandson is only about a month old. Maybe next year (for Grandpa Dan and Daddy)!

Dan

Comment

My 6-year-old son was standing next to me when I clicked on that link....his eyes lit up like a Chrondek when the sound came in.

The 9-year-old daughter flew around the corner when she heard the engine rev.

Thanks a LOT, Lohnes.... ;D

Comment

ahh you wanted to but it for yourself anyways!!

Comment

We went to the Turkey Rod Run when Boy Wonder was about 4, and shopped for a pedal car project for him. It was pretty cool watching the little tire kicker! He literally looked like he was shopping for a real car...everything was scaled down--the car, the buyer, the inspection (including getting down on his hands and knees and looking under it).
                  Bought it, fixed it up (painted it black and white to look like my '57 Chevy wagon) and when I'd work on my car, he'd work on his in the garage.

Another great "toy" for little boys is a Craftsman 12-foot tape measure. We ALL played with our dads', and as my son did with mine, I'm sure a good number of us broke them. While replacing mine at Sears, it dawned on me that for six bucks he could have his own! A quick 3-minute lesson on the dangers of sliced fingers if you retract it with your finger along the edge was all it took for years and years of "I've got a REAL tool just like Dad's!" He was 4.

My parents freaked out when I bought him his own saw at 5 years old--Craftsman double-sided saw. Short throw, crourse-tooth on one side, fine tooth on the other. "Brad! Should he be carrying that saw through the store?!" Why not? It's his.
                  He also got a small 1-inch blade Swiss Army Knife that year (with full instructions...I wasn't real comfortable with that one, but he found it on the ground, and made a good case to justifying keeping it). He was a whittlin' fool, too. One day I heard the front door open and close, the bathroom cabinet open and close, the water run, and that unmistakable sound of a Band-Aid wrapper opening. Poked my head in and said "Cut yourself?" Yeah. "You okay?" Yeah. "Did you learn anything?" Yeah. "Think that'll happen again?" No. "Need any help?" No.

My parents did not nominate me for Father of the Year.

Fortunately, they weren't the ones voting or handing out the award.

-Brad

Comment

I think that my wife and I my nephews need that! That looks cool as all get out.

Comment

Brad,

Great stories and confirmation that a lot of us think alike about this stuff. I never want to be a helicopter parent (constantly hovering overhead) but do want to exercise enough judgement that the boys don't relly wound themselves.

The saw line is awesome.

"Because it's his!"

Brian

Comment

Shake ?n Go Basic Cars. (Each sold separately and subject to availability.) Requires 9 AA batteries; 3 for track, and 3 for each vehicle.

Make sure you got TWOcomming, it sure be a shame to make your kid watch while you play with it alone.
                        CM

Comment

Good for you, Brad. I'm genuinely worried that kids are being raised with the tyranny of safety, which prevents any real learning. Surprise - kids will get skinned knees and an occasional knife cut. BFD! We all did, and 99.99% of us lived thru it. And we learned the lessons - and had fun. Yeah, you don't want the kids dead, but let's all lighten up. Good for you!!!!!!

Dan

Originally posted by Brad54
                          We went to the Turkey Rod Run when Boy Wonder was about 4, and shopped for a pedal car project for him. It was pretty cool watching the little tire kicker! He literally looked like he was shopping for a real car...everything was scaled down--the car, the buyer, the inspection (including getting down on his hands and knees and looking under it).
                          Bought it, fixed it up (painted it black and white to look like my '57 Chevy wagon) and when I'd work on my car, he'd work on his in the garage.

Another great "toy" for little boys is a Craftsman 12-foot tape measure. We ALL played with our dads', and as my son did with mine, I'm sure a good number of us broke them. While replacing mine at Sears, it dawned on me that for six bucks he could have his own! A quick 3-minute lesson on the dangers of sliced fingers if you retract it with your finger along the edge was all it took for years and years of "I've got a REAL tool just like Dad's!" He was 4.

My parents freaked out when I bought him his own saw at 5 years old--Craftsman double-sided saw. Short throw, crourse-tooth on one side, fine tooth on the other. "Brad! Should he be carrying that saw through the store?!" Why not? It's his.
                          He also got a small 1-inch blade Swiss Army Knife that year (with full instructions...I wasn't real comfortable with that one, but he found it on the ground, and made a good case to justifying keeping it). He was a whittlin' fool, too. One day I heard the front door open and close, the bathroom cabinet open and close, the water run, and that unmistakable sound of a Band-Aid wrapper opening. Poked my head in and said "Cut yourself?" Yeah. "You okay?" Yeah. "Did you learn anything?" Yeah. "Think that'll happen again?" No. "Need any help?" No.

My parents did not nominate me for Father of the Year.

Fortunately, they weren't the ones voting or handing out the award.

-Brad

Comment

The toughest kids are the ones given responsibility at a young age.

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Thanks Brian, A definate posibility for my boy, Thanks!
                              I may hijack this thread tomorow and list a couple gearhead toys that have gone over well in my house ;)
                              Cheers
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X