No announcement yet.

Great gear head toy for little kiddos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great gear head toy for little kiddos!

DO IT!!!!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian, I dont have any kids, but I bought my nephew this set.....then myself one a day later. http://cgi.ebay.com/FISHER-PRICE-DRA...3A4%7C294%3A50

Doug, "still plays with cars"
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

My little guy turned 3 last month. These Mega Bloks Cars have been a HUGE hit!! They are the perfect size, can be taken appart, and have been very durable. He plays with other toys but always comes back to these. The only down-side is that these are somewhat hard to find (Especially Doc Hudson, I had to get the AMC!). I bought a couple off the internet, well worth the effort.
        http://www.megabloks.com/Shop/Brands/Disney-Cars/

These are cool too, but likely best for a slightly older kid, 4-5. My wife got these at one of those 'fancy' toy stores.
        http://www.automobloxstore.com/aumiaumi3t9s.html

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
          My 6-year-old son was standing next to me when I clicked on that link....his eyes lit up like a Chrondek when the sound came in.

The 9-year-old daughter flew around the corner when she heard the engine rev.

Thanks a LOT, Lohnes.... ;D

I want one, lets go to Toys 'r Us..................lol

Comment

Did anyone buy their kids one of those Fisher-Price RC cars that flip over and keep going if you hit a wall? They've been on TV and look pretty cool. Little Gavin may need one next year - he'll be 14 months or so. Seems like the right age to me.

Dan

Comment

Here's a bad idea.

Have mom come over to mind the kiddos. Go out with wife for the first time alone in forever. Have some pops, wipe out some good sushi and other asian delights, then hit the toy store.

Whoops.

Who the hell knew CAT made so much cool kid stuff...we own just about all of it. That and approximately 4.5 miles of thomas the train track. I always wanted to have the train running around the tree on X-mas morning!

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I wonder if they come with a Shaker Hood ?
                Why do I see a Paint Shaker coming to mind?

Comment

Thomas is another popular toy at the moment, The boy got one of those train tables, and a bunch of wood track, fun stuff.
                  Brian, did you get the train that runs on the AA battery to run around the tree?
                  Here's a tip, get some rechargable AA batteries for the train.

Comment

As envirowackos come in Costco sizes up here in Washington, I now know what I'm buying those on my Christmas list... (yep there are a few)... it used to be I'd buy their kids "tickle me elmo" - but that toy is so much better as it will teach their kids to be gearheads - oh the wonderful irony of it all... thanks for the heads up.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The ?Thomas the train? thing, while not my first choice is very popular with the 3 to 5 crowd.
                      All in all, that?s ok; trains are certainly a respectable internal combustion machine.
                      The entire premise of Thomas is to be a ?useful engine? and if there is a better lesson to teach our children, I don?t know what it is. ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X