Value of your home..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Value of your home..........

I don't know how I'm the only one that's getting killed on real estate.

I bought my house I 1999, put a bunch of money in it and almost doubled the value. In the last couple years the prices have dropped so much that instead of owing 60% of my homes value, I now owe 95%. If I could sellit for what Zillion says, after I pay the broker I would end up with nothing.

Right now I think I'd be glad to have nothing.
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Mine is worth 30k more than I paid for it 12 years ago. Prices seem about right for what they have gone for recently in the neighborhood. The most I've seen a house go for in my neighborhood was only about $10k more than what mine is listed at now.

Prices are low here in West Michigan -- have been for years . . . maybe that's why they didn't drop much like the rest?

Comment

No you can't. Neither of our bathrooms HAVE windows - we almost didn't buy the house because of that. I'm guessing you were checking out the neighbors. The mom and daughter are pretty nice looking, btw!

Dan

Originally posted by Monk

Hey Dan......if you zoom in real close you can see inside your bathroom window........ ;D

Comment

It's nice to see even from space you can still see the two massive oil slick spots in my driveway...
          Andrew
          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

The prices have dropped here, but I'm still okay. The house is still worth double what I paid. I already knew that before I checked this out. I currently owe 25% of it's value.

The tax reassessment done this summer seems to be right on too. >

Comment

The public need to stop treating there homes as banks,stop borrowing against them,or worring what they are worth all the time.It place were you have to live,its not like you can break a piece of it off and use it as money.Learn to live with in your means

Comment

Originally posted by bbnova
                The public need to stop treating there homes as banks,stop borrowing against them,or worring what they are worth all the time.It place were you have to live,its not like you can break a piece of it off and use it as money.Learn to live with in your means
                Whatever - we're going to buy the house for the 4th time come January. Lower rates, a little cash to fix the kitchen and it'll still be paid off before we retire. Fiscal responsibility is not my strong point, just ask my wife.

Comment

Working...
                X