• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guess this wreck!

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
    Originally posted by BluLightning
    That's one strong light pole. :o
    You know if that car would have been a Chevy that pole would be laying on the ground right now. ;D
    Not!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver68RT
      I saw something very similar when I first moved to Detroit - a Fox-body Mustang wrapped around a pole just like that. It was just sitting there, I think it was on Greenfield. No cops, no yellow tape, no tow truck. That would never have happened in Winnipeg.
      That's 'cause Winnipeggers know how to drive. Nothing beats a winter road for a quick driving lesson.

Comment

That's because when you wrap a dogsled around a pole, it's easier to remove.

Comment

2000 gran marquis

Comment

I was the second or third person at an accident just like that when I was a teen ager--it was a '80s 4dr Caprice, and it was bent almost identically, and it was a wooden phone pole. The driver and one passenger lived, two didn't.

After the first cop on the scene was done walking around, calling in the fire department and ambulance, and generally ignored the guy on the ground in need of CPR (I know, it's not their job, and I didn't know it at the time), I walked up to him and said "You might want to make one more call...Toledo Edison." Why? There aren't any downed wires. "Yeah, but that phone pole up there is just danglin'.

The pole was still in the ground and upright, but it snapped off about 15 feet in the air! The car either jumped the curb and hit it that high (which is possible, considering how fast he needed to be driving to wrap the full-sized, full-framed car around the pole), or the pole flexed that much on the bottom half, but the wires held it and it snapped. I tend to think the car hit it that high off the ground.

The cop looked up and very quickly called for an Edison crew, then moved his car away in case the wires came down.
            Never did tell the rest of us to move though...

-Brad

Comment

Working...
            X