Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BEST URBAN MYTH BS STORY YOU HEARD

Originally posted by MOPARS RULE
    Yes I just checked out that other link, I see there's some real bullsh!tters on here. Some of those, what a croak!
    uhh, yeah, they're urban legends. It's not like we believe all this crap. Although some of the stories (like the 427 Vette) are based on actual events.

Give us some credit will ya?

Comment

Re: Best urban Myth?

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
      When you hang with someone long enough conversations lead to different places. One night talking got off cars and racing and led elsewhere. By the end of the night he gave me his business card and right then and there I found out who he really was and what he did for work. I have never told anyone what it said on that card with the exception his name was Brian Johnson. I don't think I'll ever will. I finally burned his business card to keep my friends from finding out the truth behind the legend.
      Oh come on Rebeldryver! You trying to start your own urban legend here? You can't tell a great story like that and then back out of it at the last minute.............. jeez!

Reminds me of the old "Oat Opera's" I watched as a kid, always leaving ya hanging....

;D
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I'll second that motion

Comment

Ok, I gotta ask about this one because I have heard it dozens of times, but I have never seen anything to substantiate it. Has anyone actually seen a car break a u-joint/driveshaft and actually pole-vault?

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Sorry Teddy, it's not that Brian Johnson, but it is the reason why I could remember his name 20 plus years later.

It was one of the great let downs in my life and one of moments of losing my naiveness. It was part of growing up. I realized later I would've been happier not knowing and continued believing the myths. It was almost as bad as the day I found out Santa Claus wasn't real.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
              Ok, I gotta ask about this one because I have heard it dozens of times, but I have never seen anything to substantiate it. Has anyone actually seen a car break a u-joint/driveshaft and actually pole-vault?

Ron
              Yes, front u-joint. 69 Mustang fastback was doing some burnouts and hot starts and it finally broke. He was doing around 50 mph and the front of the driveshaft hit pot hole created a seam in the concrete. It lifted the rear of the car 6 feet in air. Car spun 90 degrees on the front bumper and landed on the center median. The rear diff managed to stay on the car, but I'm sure it broke several u bolts as it was sitting sideways under the car.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Try it!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                  Sorry Teddy, it's not that Brian Johnson, but it is the reason why I could remember his name 20 plus years later.

It was one of the great let downs in my life and one of moments of losing my naiveness. It was part of growing up. I realized later I would've been happier not knowing and continued believing the myths. It was almost as bad as the day I found out Santa Claus wasn't real.
                  understand that......wait, santa's not real?! but some things are best left in the mystery that shrouds them.

my legend come real-

My best friend moved here from Las vegas- always cool. But i found out his parents grew up here way back in the 70's. anyway, one of the old cops in town remembers back then- and he wandered into my autoshop class one day, and told a story of a old challenger that led the police on a chase, totalling their malibu pursuit car and a pinto. nobody really believed him on that one, since it seemed unbelievable. the muscle car that outran the whole PD? this is a smallish town, so its not like only one car would chase. everyone laughed it off.

but you would never believe who owned a 70 challenger back in 1976
                  Local person
                  sigpic

Comment

I got a good one!
                    I was a passenger in my friends 69 Grand Prix, and he had 6 foot long extentions from the headers to the rear end.
                    He drives backwards down the street and hits a big leaf pile.
                    Well someone put concrete blocks in the leaves and we went air born up on the curb and the extentions were facing to the front of the car!!!!!!

Comment

Whoa hold on a minute......Santa Claus isn't real??? Better take that back Reb!
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                        Whoa hold on a minute......Santa Claus isn't real??? Better take that back Reb!
                        I would but after hearing Dad scream and swear half the night trying to assemble a Huffy bike. I also heard him say screw it he gets it in the box. Next morning I came down to see it was from Santa. I assembled it.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X