Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spent the Weekend in Md, visiting some old soldiers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent the Weekend in Md, visiting some old soldiers.

This past weekend, we took my nephews to the Antietam Battle field for there Illumination display. The local Lady's group lights a candle for every person killed , wounded and missing from both sides. This was the bloodiest day in American History. The boys were completely amazed how many 23,000 really is! "Thank you to all that served in every war, conflict, and everyday Keeping us Free. "

Doug
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Re: Spent the Weekend in Md, visiting some old soldiers.

Well said.

My Grandfather landed on the beach at Normandy, and I'm grateful to be able to hear him tell me about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Weldangrind
      Well said.

My Grandfather landed on the beach at Normandy, and I'm grateful to be able to hear him tell me about it.
      My step grandfather was there as well. He was a front line surgeon. Basically pulling bullets and sewing up guys right there on the beach. On the twentieth anniversary he went back and met a former German soldier who was manning a machine gun that day. They got to talking and became friends. They both went back on the 50th anniversary to honor the men on both sides and they both were interviewed by Peter Jennings of ABC News.

I drive by LA National Cemetary nearly everyday because it sits right next to the 405 freeway. Over 85,000 are buried there. Hard to believe there are so many.

That's the LA Federal Building in the background. That's where everyone goes to protest against what ever we are bombing at the moment. UCLA is three blocks to the left of this picture.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

*hums "Taps" quietly*
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

We have a small and very beautiful national cemetery here in Wilmington. It's right on Market Street (our main drag) so I drive past it frequently. It's always a moving sight.

Doug - thanks for exposing the kids to this. Too many folks don't take the time, and their kids grow up thinking that the way it is is the way it's always been and will always be. No concept that we could lose it all. Good Job!

Dan

Comment

Working...
          X