More Tool Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More Tool Talk

one of my significant problems with Snap-on is the credit deal... they are the first person to loan a guy money when he gets on a job... and at 18% it's not cheap money... but it's affordable and the fella is right there....

So I've never owed them a dime... and Shaun is exactly right... they don't give two hoots about the guy who doesn't owe them something...

The one thing I've found about cash with them is that they really will wheel and deal on the price of stuff...

My snap on guy came by the other day and really helped me out... exchanged a ton of stuff.... replaced a few things I've lost... and we chatted about this and that... it was great... Found out Snap-on doesn't even buy these guys rebuild kits for your ratchets.. the dealers have to pay for them... so the individual is rebuilding your rachet... not the corporation....

Keith

Comment

Yeah i had heard the same thing from the snapon guy i used to buy from. The current guy is useless and i havnt bought anything from him at all just get stuff replaced that i have broken. The MAC guy is totaly different, i have spent a fortune with him close to £3k in the last 18 months. He always wants to deal and its more of a game to get the best price. Hmm wednesday today means he will be knocking on my door in a couple of hours ;D

Comment

Are you guys still using LB/Sterling (sorry, I can't find the little "L" sign)? I though you had gone to Euros, but what do I know? It's interesting that you Europeans have a LOT of the same junk (Snap-On, Mac, etc.) as we have here. Now, if you could just get the steering wheel on the correct side......

Dan

Originally posted by The Chief
        Yeah i had heard the same thing from the snapon guy i used to buy from. The current guy is useless and i havnt bought anything from him at all just get stuff replaced that i have broken. The MAC guy is totaly different, i have spent a fortune with him close to £3k in the last 18 months. He always wants to deal and its more of a game to get the best price. Hmm wednesday today means he will be knocking on my door in a couple of hours ;D

Comment

Yup we still use sterling, we havnt gone the euro route. We have al the same brands but the main difference is the price. Looking on the MAC US flyer last month there was a bore scope for $225 well its on the UK flyer this month for £225 which is a damn rip off

And your right we just need the steering wheel on the right side lol but it doesnt stop the growing ownership of american vehicles both classic and modern. Plenty of V6 camaros and stangs over here coming from japan

Comment

Working...
          X