New Car movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car movie

Looks kind of "fast and furious" but with a few more muscle cars. Maybe it wont be bad.

Re: New Car movie

Looks low budget enough to be interesting. 8)

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

doesnt look that bad....

Local person
      sigpic

Comment

I wonder how the continuity will be on that, seems they started shooting more than 3 years ago. I see a Nova in it :D so if able I'll check it out

Comment

I thought I recognized the title... they were advertising on CL for cars to appear in the movie....
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell

Seth
            Did you think American Graffitti, Two Lane Blacktop, Vanishing Point, and Dirty Mary Crazy Larry were big budget movies? Not.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
              Originally posted by fahrenschnell

Seth
              Did you think American Graffitti, Two Lane Blacktop, Vanishing Point, and Dirty Mary Crazy Larry were big budget movies? Not.
              That is my point. I was being sincere for the first time. ;D

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

thread hijack...
                My brother is making a movie....

this is the teaser on youtube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                Charles

Comment

Damn thread hi-jackers! : Joey does have some pretty good stuff over there though!

Comment

;D
                    Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey
                      thread hijack...
                      My brother is making a movie....

this is the teaser on youtube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      Kinda like Deathproof with the Nova and broads running around. Ill go see it.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte

Looks kind of "fast and furious" but with a few more muscle cars. Maybe it wont be bad.
                        I thought the same thing. Met Jay Rowlands the star and producer of this film. He is a carguy and I am looking forward to seeing this movie.

Comment

Movie preview looks interesting. Kind of reminds me of the original (1974) Gone in 60 seconds. (not that crappy Brokehimer junk)

Comment

Hello Gentlemen, ( I know- if you're anything like me that's an overstatement haha)

My name is Jay Rowlands. I am the Actor/Writer/ Director of CLUTCH, the movie. Chuck sent me a link to this thread and after reading I thought I'd join up and introduce myself. I enjoyed reading your comments about the project. Here's what I can tell you: Got my first car at 15 (69 Camaro basket case) and learned how to wrench and do bodywork by doing it in my dad's one car garage. My dad's not a car guy (my uncle is) so taking a year and a half to get the car road worthy and out of my pops garage caused some tention from time to time. All in all it was my dad that knew I could learn many lessons from the process. I've never stopped working on musclecar projects and I'm now 38.
                            The movie came about from my passion for musclecars. Two Lane Blacktop, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, The Original Gone in 60 Seconds, Bullitt, The Seven Ups- and many other 60's and 70's car movies have been my influences and inspiration.
                            CLUTCH isn't a Fast and Furious with a few more musclecars. CLUTCH is a grassroots film LOADED with musclecars.
                            I set out to make this film because I, as an actor and muscelcar gearhead, was fed up with not getting enough of what I wanted to see in car movies...and that was MORE AMERICAN MUSCLE!!!
                            The story in CLUTCH is original, and although I primarily made this out to be an action movie for "us gearheads" the film shares a good balance within it about friendship, love and good 'ol life's lessons.
                            I just finished the final edit of the picture. We just began the post-production sound work last week, and let me tell you-there is a helluva lot of work put into the sound department when it comes to car movies. I expect the film to be finished and dvd's ready by May or June 2009. A big screen World Premeire & dvd release party will be held in Seattle, WA. After the Prmeire I plan to travel the country attending selected car shows and events to promote (and in some cases show) the film. This may have been more info than you wanted to read, but hey- I got a musclecar movie coming out and you guys need to know about it!!!
                            Keep the rubber side down, and keep working on your cars!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jay Rowlands

Comment

Jay, you'll have to keep us updated, so the premier can be
                              covered here, I think I'll have to check this out.
                              Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                              X