• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bowtiemonster
    replied
    Re: Your Opinion on 5.0 Mustangs

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
    I like Mustangs.... especially the 1973-1978 models!

Ron
    You mean Hollywood Pintos. Had one love to beat the shit out of it the biggest problem was that they loved to rust weld.

Leave a comment:

• 88pony
    replied

These guys found us last year on Tour. We drove with them for two days. They had a bunch of different cars and 3 Fox mustangs. Ended up meeting Dave and getting our pics in the mag.

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    replied

Originally posted by 88ponypowr
    WELL , I CERTAINLY FEEL BETTER ABOUT MY CAR NOW. SEEMS IT MAY GET RESPECT FROM MOST PEOPLE HERE. QUITE A FEW PEOPLE ON TOUR WILL NOT EVEN PARK NEXT TO THEM. THEY ARE WAY TO COMMON, SURE, BUT I'VE DONE THREE LONG HAULS WITH NO PROBLEMS EVER. I JUST SEEM TO GET SNUBED ALOT WITH IT. I'D LIKE TO HAVE A 50-60'S MUSCLE CAR TO RACE/SHOW/CRUISE, BUT COME ON...HOW MANY 26 YEAR OLDS CAN FULFILL THAT? ;D
    Sometimes people with cubic dollars are like that, On P.T. '04 I had a guy do that to me in Springfield ,Mo. Well I just foung a bunch of guys driving 3rd gen F-bodies ,they were all half my age but really showed some comroddery when the next day my car died after the lunch break at Lake of the Ozarks .They pulled chips and computers out of their own cars trying to get me going .They didn't want to leave me but finally HAD to chase them off .

Leave a comment:

• 88pony
    replied

WELL , I CERTAINLY FEEL BETTER ABOUT MY CAR NOW. SEEMS IT MAY GET RESPECT FROM MOST PEOPLE HERE. QUITE A FEW PEOPLE ON TOUR WILL NOT EVEN PARK NEXT TO THEM. THEY ARE WAY TO COMMON, SURE, BUT I'VE DONE THREE LONG HAULS WITH NO PROBLEMS EVER. I JUST SEEM TO GET SNUBED ALOT WITH IT. I'D LIKE TO HAVE A 50-60'S MUSCLE CAR TO RACE/SHOW/CRUISE, BUT COME ON...HOW MANY 26 YEAR OLDS CAN FULFILL THAT? ;D

Leave a comment:

• olbuddybob
    replied

I had a '79 Cobra in High school. It was a lot of fun and cheap to work on. Still lots of them around here in Ford Country.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

I bought an '88 LX convert many years ago, light hit LF and RR. I fixed it to sell it. We liked it so much I kept it, but the 5.0 was too boring. So now it has a '96 5.8l w/Edelbrock heads, Lentch AOD, Max Motorsports rear suspension and 6 point bar, etc, etc, etc. I need to sell it, but I don't really want to. It's a fun little car for the $$, and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

I haven't run into the 5.0 snobs, but I don't go looking for them. Can't say they aren't out there.

Later
    Dan

Leave a comment:

• bb70duster
    replied

I had one 12-13 years ago... would buy another... great bang for the buck! Theres 2 thing I hate lining up with... 5.0 stangs and vw... to hard to predict, and easy to lose against... :-[

Leave a comment:

• 5ohbrad
    replied

I'm a Ford guy, I've had two fox-bodied 'Stangs and I love 'em. Unfortunately, their owners tend to be closed minded and "clique-ish". I learned to drive stick on a '90 5L LX Notch; bad ass car! No shame in a 5.0 daily driver, but I like the whole dare to be different and low buck vibe of this sight. If it's subject matter here, no bolt ons and preferably low buck turbo. Just my 2 cents.

Brad
    Originally posted by Remy-Z
    Total shot in the dark, but I'll throw in my two cents:

Convert whatever year it is to '79-'82 front/rear clips, interior. Seems 83-up gets more respect. Paint it some funky cream or brown color. Keep a conservative 5-bolt pattern cheap aftermarket rim package on the car. Hide the pipes, tune down the exhaust note to quiet. If you are gonna 'cage the car, try to hide it or blend it with the interior. Do the purposeful "worn look" tricks to the paint, and NO SCOOP. Run the '85 style dual-snorkel cleaner, make the engine look bone-stock as possible, and go hunting.
    I had a yellow '79 hatch, the front looks like a same-vintage AMC, perfect! The cheap chrome-tooth trailer looking wheels would be great. Turbos keep cars quiet. Explorers have 3.73 gears in 8.8s (different housing), Aerostars have five lug parts and aluminum driveshafts. GT40P heads are pretty good (Explorer 5.0). Re-inforce the torque boxes and add subframe connectors, this thing could do 10's with J/Y parts.

Brad

Leave a comment:

• Two Lane Blacktop
    replied

Found a silver 5.0 Coupe last week with a "Shotgun Package". ???

Had a decal of a double-barrel shotgun on the left-side of the

trunklid & metal plaque on the dash in front of passenger seat.

What was this??

Leave a comment:

• Fordplay0621
    replied

I have to agree with Keith in that they seem to be average. I owned a new 1986 Mustang GT with the Police Package in it. With a GT 40 intake, Shorty Headers, a worked over T5 5 Speed, Hypertech Module, Larger Throtlebody, and BP303 Cam. It was quite fast for a Street Car. Later on sometime in the early 1990's it was ProStreeted and was a great looking car. I traded it for an all origional 1926 Model T with the Ruckstell Rearend in it. What a changem but it was a fun car to.

Leave a comment:

• 72_Ventura
    replied

Originally posted by PYSCHOWard
    They we're a good entry level hotrod for a ford guy,or could be as wild as you want to be.
    I like Sleeper cars.
    It is an LX model we're talking about, right? Could make a good sleeper. Add Power, keep it quiet, only show one tailpipe, etc.

Leave a comment:

• PYSCHOWard
    replied

They we're a good entry level hotrod for a ford guy,or could be as wild as you want to be.
    I like Sleeper cars.

Leave a comment:

• Kingy
    replied

I have an 85 GT 5.0 5SPD t-top car. I like it because I'm a carb guy and it was the last Carbureted Mustang. I am a hard core Mopar guy but you can't be using a vintage Mopar for a daily driver(at least where I live).The Mustang is a solid performer, affordable and invisible to anyone who would want to steal a more collectible car.
    As far as magazine coverage I subscribe to EVERY Mopar rag on the market plus Hot Rod and Car Craft. At the same time I only buy 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords off the rack and only occasionally as I really don't see the need to see every overdone 90 LX Notchback that comes along and 16 pages of color coverage of the most recent "Yo-boy" Mustang Meets. Tech articles do interest me but those Ford magazines seem to have so little of that.

Leave a comment:

• BangShift McT
    replied

Total shot in the dark, but I'll throw in my two cents:

Convert whatever year it is to '79-'82 front/rear clips, interior. Seems 83-up gets more respect. Paint it some funky cream or brown color. Keep a conservative 5-bolt pattern cheap aftermarket rim package on the car. Hide the pipes, tune down the exhaust note to quiet. If you are gonna 'cage the car, try to hide it or blend it with the interior. Do the purposeful "worn look" tricks to the paint, and NO SCOOP. Run the '85 style dual-snorkel cleaner, make the engine look bone-stock as possible, and go hunting.

Leave a comment:

• Kurt
    replied

I'm as anti-Ford as they come but I can respect the fox. "They started it all."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X