Anybody do Dirt Circle Track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody do Dirt Circle Track?

Anybody here race (or, used to race) in dirt circle track? I crewed several years ago on a street stock team, and got to drive for a couple of mechanic's races. As much as I love drag racing, I will never forget my experiences behind the wheel of a dirt street stock car. I've got the urge to build a car of my own -- with Buick 350 power, no less -- and get back into it. As a college student back then, it was expensive for me (and, thus, perhaps even foolish) to make the effort every weekend, since we were in the points race, but in the end it was well worth it. We started 1/3 late into the season, but nevertheless finished in the top 10 our of 40 cars at one of our tracks -- and with a $300 engine!

Here are some pics of the car we fielded. The mashed up one is me after my first mechanic's race. The passenger upper control arm had already been damaged during the feature, so I was going out with a bum suspension already. Nevertheless, it was a whole lotta fun!

Re: Anybody do Dirt Circle Track?

Gotta love that! Best of luck with the project, 350 Buick on dirt, that has to be a first?

Comment

That's awesome. Racing at it's finest. Post more pictures if you have them.

Comment

Ive been on limited late model crew for the last 6 years after racin on asphalt for to long. Dirt Racing is the greatest , we had bought a new Rocket for 07.Man what a Blast Check out Back to dirt its a great vid. our home track was at Lancasterspeedway.net check it out. Now that ive moveed to Ohio ive got to find a new track

Comment

My cousin and his son race dirt modifieds. I love dirt track racing! It beats the hell out of NASCAR.

Dirt super late models are my favorite though!

Comment

Circle Track??

Is that one of those races where everyone is driving around in a circle looking for the finish line. :D

At least with drag racing, you go straight to the finish line. ;D

Comment

Anybody here race (or, used to race) in dirt circle track?

I built alot for Sportsman, limited late, and late model classes.
              Also for IMCA mod.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrys96lt4
                Ive been on limited late model crew for the last 6 years after racin on asphalt for to long. Dirt Racing is the greatest , we had bought a new Rocket for 07.Man what a Blast Check out Back to dirt its a great vid. our home track was at Lancasterspeedway.net check it out. Now that ive moveed to Ohio ive got to find a new track
                Lancaster Speedway, as in Lancaster Speedway in Western New York? I'll have to check out that video! Thanks!

Yeah, I think NASCAR could do with some dirt races on their schedule!! I've heard that Ken Schraeder (sp?) used to (or, still does?) do celebrity appearances at dirt tracks, and even would get behind the wheel of a car for some heat races or hot laps. That might just be fable-talk, too... I dunno.

I've only got a couple more pics. I'll post 'em in a few moments.

I'd want to at least try the Buick 350 on dirt, just to be different, and to see how well it could do. I'm sure I wouldn't be the first. It's the lightest of the GM 350s, so that's gotta be worth at least something! Of course, this is all hypothetically speaking, since I'm still in school right now and have zero cash to be spending on a purpose-built racecar.

Comment

This is at the track where we placed in the Top 10 at the end of the season

Same track, after a heat race

An off-season burnout.

Comment

Fantastic, keep it up.

Comment

Lancaster South Carolina 1/2 mile High banked FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. We had limited motor and we lapped at 15,90 to 16, flat Super lates run 15.25 almost as fast as bristol
                      super late models
                      2300 lbs
                      430 cubes
                      turn right to go left
                      left front off the ground

Comment

There are plenty of dirt tracks in Ohio......I know....I grew up on them.

I love a good dirt track race....

Seth
                        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by jerrys96lt4
                          Lancaster South Carolina 1/2 mile High banked FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. We had limited motor and we lapped at 15,90 to 16, flat Super lates run 15.25 almost as fast as bristol
                          super late models
                          2300 lbs
                          430 cubes
                          turn right to go left
                          left front off the ground
                          Wow, you are not kidding... that is a huge track!!! I think that's the first dirt 1/2 mile I have ever seen aerial pictures of.

Comment

Jerry, where in Ash. are you located? This one should be about a half hour from you at the most.

Comment

I crew on a sprint car team.

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X