Clear All

• Auto bailout.....Part 2

Well here it is......almost leaves ya speechless

Re: Auto bailout.....Part 2

uh...um..
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Mabe some one can help me understand why. Personally I would think that having a job at a somewhat lesser pay would be much better than not having a door to walk through at all. I am a flat rate tech in a dealership and there are days that I would rather make make 4 hours on a job that might take me 6 hours than go home and make none. It is also amazing to me that they are making upwards of 30 and hour when the techs trying to fix some of their sloppy work are only making 20 to 25 and hour. I don't know mabe I'm too young but I know I am doing everything I can to help my dealership just so I have a place to go in the morning.

Comment

There was a famous outlaw from the wild west who's name escapes me. He made his own hanging rope while in prison.
        This is the modern equivalent. Almost beyond comprehension.

Man, I'll tell you what. The next vehicle I buy will probably be a Ford because they seem to be the first to sack up, put on the daddy pants, and get ready to ATTACK this situation rather than let themselves be slayed by it.

Mark the tape. This is the day that the UAW committed suicide.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

"The stunning breakdown was eerily reminiscent of the defeat of the $700 billion Wall Street bailout in the House, which sent the Dow tumbling and lawmakers back to the drawing board to draft a new agreement to rescue financial institutions and halt a broader economic meltdown. That measure ultimately passed and was signed by President George W. Bush."

And all it took to get that one thru was to add $150 billion of pork, so all the senators get something out of it...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Don't even get me started on them damn unions.

Comment

MR -- we've finally found some common ground.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                MR -- we've finally found some common ground.

Brian
                Thumbs up Bro.

Comment

You could take all the labor cost out of the cars and you still couldn't get a loan to buy a car. Why are the autoworkers the only people that have to take pay cuts. Nobody bought Toyota's the last couple months, either. If the UAW took paycuts, would more Toyota's get sold?

When are our Senators and Congressmen taking their paycuts for messing up EVERYTHING!!!
                  Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I won't ever, EVERY buy another new vehicle.
                    I'll make payments to myself and build a 30 year old hot rod for $19,995-$40,000.

I'm not at all surprised the UAW acted this way. They did the exact same thing when Chrysler bought AMC, and said they needed to re-org the Kenosha plant. The UAW dug in their heels and said "no, it's our way or we strike." Chrysler said "No, it's OUR way, or we'll be forced to shut down the plant because it's not profitable." Chrysler made two offers, the UAW rejected them, saying Chrysler wouldn't shut down the original AMC plant. Chrysler won that pissing contest--the original AMC plant is now a big piece of flat, bare ground with a chain link fence around it.
                    The stakes are amazingly bigger for this one, but the UAW mentality hasn't changed a bit.

But this is perhaps my favorite part:
                    "Pushing to convert skeptics in both parties, Democrats agreed to drop at least one unrelated provision that threatened to sink the measure, a congressional official said. They were eliminating a pay raise for federal judges after Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri, who represents an automobile manufacturing state, announced she would oppose the carmaker aid unless that provision was removed."

Can someone please tell me what the #### giving Federal Judges a pay raise has to do with bailing out the auto industry? That, right there, is exactly, EXACTLY what is wrong with Washington, and by fiat, the rest of the country. Pelosi has been trying this shit with every bail out, and the rest of her party is following her lead. Everybody should tip their hat and raise a glass for Democrat Senator Claire McCaskill for having the courage to stand up and call bullshit. First for doing the right thing at the peril of her state, and second for going against her party because it was the right thing to do.

-Brad

Comment

I wonder if there is an answer to all of this..... I see so many sides to this issue and people that are so absorbed in their own self-interest that it looks nigh impossible for there to be a solution...
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

One answer, Be American, Buy American, and get the Big Three the $#@& out of Michigan.

Comment

If they want a bailout, let them go to the God D&*M oil companies for the money. NOT US!
                          STUGOTS

Comment

In the 20's 30's 40's alot of car companies went away. Whoop de doo.. Now the last three remaining are getting ready to die too. So what?! If you run your company into the ground then let it die. The companies that start up to replace them will be better for it. Natural selection at its best.

The purpose of a CEO is to guide the company into the future and make sure the company is prepared to weather any storms that may come. This way when the storm passes the company remains... These idiots ran these companies into the ground knowing that if things got rough they'd just "get off the boat" and let the ship sail into the hurricane and "hope" it made it out the other side.

Personally I think they should be brought up on charges. (Or hung)

Chris 8)

Comment

The workers need their hourly wages, take some of their benifits instead.
                              I would hate to be doing a job and they next minute doing it for less.
                              If I took a cut in hourly pay then the job would take an hourly cut in quality.
                              The workers need to pay fo some of their healthcare and reduce their retirement benifits to a 401K and maxium matching funds to 6% and reduce vaction time they get.
                              Either way the stock market Friday is going to be terrible, don't watch the news if you have a weak heart!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X